Welcome to wikivoyage, thanks for the contributions you made on Las Vegas and Vatican City. If you have any questions feel free to drop some comments on my talk page ((WV-en) aburda) and I'll do my best to help in anyway. Regards, (WT-en) Aburda 07:55, 12 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Hello Epolk. It's great that you are updating numerous pages for American war cemeteries around the world on pages such as Florence, Aachen, and Cambridge_(England). I copyedited your listing for Aachen, but noticed some of the same things coming up in other pages, so perhaps I thought I would let you know so that you can improve the other pages also. Some points:
- The Wikivoyage external link policy is to not front-link external URLs, but rather have the link after the attraction name. Apart from that, I wikified some of the place names and corrected a couple of typos (Cemetary --> cemetery, idetified --> identified) and got rid of the capitals on cemetery and dead. Keep up the good work. (WT-en) Brendio 15:57, 17 Jan 2006 (EST)
Wallowa Lake, OREdit
In your blurb on the history of the lake, you state that "the government took back most of its land from the tribe." This is totally inaccurate. The land belonged to the Nez Perce, since it was theirs long before non-Indians arrived in the Northwest, and since the U.S. government acknowledged this in the Treaty of 1855. In that treaty, the Nez Perce reserved, among other areas, the Wallowa Valley for themselves. Therefore, the government didn't take back any land; it wasn't government land to begin with. The U.S. outright took the Wallowas from the Nez Perce. It was essentially theft.
This is an important distinction. We can't learn from the past and our ancestors roles in the past unless we deal with the past honestly. I don't believe you are dishonest; but your blurb is exceedingly careless.
- A few points on this:
- 1 - If you are going to post a criticism to someone you should at least take the courtesy of having a registered account so a dialogue can take place.
- 2 - I didn't create the content for that article, I was simply correcting the grammar and spelling mistakes in the article. If you take the time to research incorrect statements you should also research the history to see who created the content originally. Don't just pick the first person in the history who is registered and lay into them about something they did not do.
- Unfortunately, the original creator of the content, much like you, did not register; thus, there is no way to have a civil discourse with the creator about word choices.
- 3 - If the content is wrong, correct it. This is a wiki after all and you know how to edit this wiki as you have edited my talk page.
- (WT-en) Epolk 11:55, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
Hey, it's good to see you editing here. Would you like me to merge your old contributions history into your new one? If so, to confirm your identity, log on to WT and leave a message on your userpage there that you edit under the same name on Wikimedia projects (they've banned any explicit mention of Wikivoyage). Then let me know, and I'll perform the merge. --Peter Talk 21:57, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
Hello Epolk, the said template you created has been proposed for deletion so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry. --Saqib (talk) 08:46, 23 June 2013 (UTC)