The most probable way to get in Ussuriysk is by intercity train either coming from Vladivostok or Khabarovsk, but they're slowest mode of transportation as the train stop at every station along the route. The most impossible opportunity is a trip from North Korea on board of the weekly train crossing Russian border in Khasan. Buses shuttle between Khabarovsk and Vladivostok twice a day to and fro. Almost every hour, a bus departs to Vladivostok and Nakhodka. However, there is no air-condition system, which is vital in summer. Daily buses to China are equipped with this "must". Bus station Tel.: +7 (4234) 32-22-70
The railway station and the city are somewhat far from each other, so use a taxi or a bus going "to the center". The downtown is easy to explore by foot.
In the downtown the historical development is well-preserved, as of the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th centuries. The monument of tortoise, a carved bìxì (Chinese: 赑屃), a mix of turtle and dragon can be found in the city's park. Previously such turtles were established on graves of the imperial family of Jurchen (女眞) people in the 12th century.
- 1 Church of the Intercession of the Holy Virgin (Храм Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы), Ulitsa Chicherina, 80А, ☏ . daily 08ː00-19ː00, a little earlier on Su.
- 2 Eternal Flame (Вечный огонь), Krasnoznamennaya Ulitsa, 76. Victory plaza, WWII commemorative.
- 3 Ussuri Museum (Уссурийский музей), Krasnoznamennaya Ulitsa, 80, ☏ . Tu-Su 10:00-17:00, little later on Th. Relics relative to Ussuri Province, sewing machines, etc.
- 4 Park Dora (Парк ДОРА), Ulitsa Volodarskogo. daily 08:00-22:00. Bexi turtle here.
- 5 Russian Historical Park of Family and Children's Rest "Emerald Valley" (Русский исторический парк семейного и детского отдыха "Изумрудная Долина") (few km south of Ussuriysk off of A189), ☏ . daily 10ː00-22ː00. Here you can look around at stuff that is distinctive of Russian heritage and grandeur (e.g. wood forts, mammoth statues, Rus warlords).
- 6 Korea Cultural Center (Корейский культурный центр), Amurskaya Ulitsa, 63а, ☏ . daily 10ː00-18ː00. Here you can learn about the history of the Ruso-Korean people, including their plight under Stalin.
Local brewery OAO 'Ussuriysky Balsam' produces a range of brands from bitters and semi-sweet liquors to cognacs, rums and vodkas flavored with essences extracted from the herbs, berries and sea mollusks of Primorsky Krai. Look for the brand alcohol shops 'Savva Vodochnikov' (Савва Водочников) to buy any of these beverages  or visit a drug-store to acquire medical balsam 'Herbamarin'.
- 1 Country Pizza (Кантри Пицца), Komsomol'skaya Ulitsa, 43, ☏ . M-F 08:00-23:00, Sa-Su 11:00-23:00. Pizza and burgers and skillets and even breakfasts (on weekdays).
- 2 Tokyo Ussuriysk (Tokyo Уссурийск), Komsomol'skaya Ulitsa, 28, ☏ . Su-Th 11:00-23:00, F-Sa 11:00-00:00. Sushi, miso, and tempura.
- 3 Vostochnaya Chaykhana (ООО "Восточная Чайхана"), Ulitsa Lenina, 37, ☏ . Su-Th 12:00-01:00, F-Sa 12:00-02:00. Georgian and Asian cuisine, and desserts.
- 1 Kraft-Bar "Dym" (Крафт-бар "Дым"), Ulitsa Lenina, 96, ☏ . Bar with hookah and snacks and a dance floor with admission of 500 roubles.
- 2 Taverna Kapitana Flinta (Таверна Капитана Флинта), Ulitsa Nekrasova, 64, ☏ . daily 12:00-02:00. A place with solid fare and beer.
- Bil'yardnyy Klub Imperiya, Proletarskaya Ulitsa, 3, ☏ . daily 11:00-02:00. Billiards hall. Lunch and dinner items.
- At the bus station (Автовокзала), Ulitsa Chicherina, 121, ☏ .
- 1 Ussuriysk (Гостиница "Уссурийск"), Ulitsa Nekrasova, 64 (In the center of the city.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Probably the largest hotel in town, which mostly cater to Chinese travellers. Have a Russian style cafe which serves Buffet style dining and a small adjacent bar, laundry service available. 1484 руб.
- 2 Layner (Лайнер), Ulitsa Frunze, 51, ☏ . Cozy but no restaurant on site. 2004 руб.
- 3 Marco Polo (Марко Поло), Ulitsa Ageyeva, 32, ☏ . Business hotel and restaurant. Contemporary furnishings and free breakfast. 2968 руб.
- 4 Postoyaly Dvor (Постоялый Двор), Ulitsa Ageyeva, 45 стр 3, ☏ . Business hotel and restaurant offering single, double and quadruple rooms. 2226 руб.
- Virtualny Mir (Виртуальный Мир), 100, Proletarskaya st., ☏ .
- NEO, 79, Nekrasova st., ☏ .
|Routes through Ussuriysk|
|Irkutsk ← Khabarovsk ←||W E||→ Vladivostok|