human settlement in Pottawatomie County, Kansas, United States of America
Wamego is most notable for its Wizard of Oz museum and themed businesses.
From Topeka, Kansas, it can be accessed by traveling West on Highway 24.
- The Oz Museum. Features a collection of over 25,000 artifacts from the Wizard of Oz movie, on permanent loan. Also contains a gift shop.
- The Colombian Theatre. A music hall built in 1893 inspired by the Chicago World's Fair of that same year. It also boasts a collection of twenty original Columbian Exposition oil and distempera paintings.
- OZtoberFEST. The Wizard of Oz Museum hosts an annual OZtoberFEST on the first weekend in October. Often features cast from the original movie and hot air balloon rides.
- Toto's Tacoz. A cute taco joint in theme with the "Oz Cluster". Delicious shrimp tacos.
- Oz Winery. Another Oz Themed business.
Click your heels together, there's no place like home.
|Routes through Wamego|
|Stockton ← Manhattan ←||W E||→ Topeka → Kansas City|
|Jct W ← becomes ← Jct E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Jct W E → Emporia|