Just south of West Seattle with its business district centered along Delridge Way, White Center melds in with the rest of the area. Nicknamed 'Rat City' the area has embraced the nic-name and made it a part of its punk rock mixed ethnicity identity. A common bumper sticker in the area simply states 'White Center, not really white, not really centered'.
Get in edit
Get around edit
Although White Center covers a broad area, the central business area is very walkable once you find parking.
- King County Metro, ☏ . Operates bus, streetcar, and monorail routes in King County. Communities within the county served by this operator's routes include Auburn, Bellevue, Bothell, Burien, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Bend, Redmond, Renton, SeaTac, Seattle, Shoreline, Tukwila, Vashon Island, White Center, and Woodinville.
White Center has a nice mix of ethnic restaurants and shops, great place to find unusual ingredients and tasty treats from different regions.
- 1 Hung Long Asian Market, 9988 15th Ave SW, ☏ . 8AM-9PM daily. Great Asian market with a crazy variety of foods.
- 1 Salvadorean Bakery and Restaurant, 1719 SW Roxbury St (between 17th Ave & 18th Ave), ☏ . M-Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 7AM-8PM. People come from all over the region for tasty Salvadorean meals and pastries.
- 2 Taco Time, 10055 16th Ave SW, ☏ . 10AM-10PM daily. Taco Time is a large and popular chain of fast food restaurants and nothing special to visit, however this Taco Time happens to be the very first one started by Frank Tonkin, Sr. in 1962.
- 3 Proletariat Pizza, 9622-A 16th Ave SW, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F 11AM-10PM, Sa 4PM-10PM, Su 4PM-9PM. Popular local slightly hipster but family friendly pizza joint with a creative and delicious menu
No hotels in White Center but look towards Seatac area or downtown Seattle.
Wifi available from a few cafes in central business area.
Go next edit
White Center is near the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal with access to Vashon Island and the Kitsap Peninsula. It is also close to the South Park neighborhood and Georgetown is just down the hill to the east along Roxbury.
|Routes through White Center|
|END ← Seattle ←||N S||→ Burien → Tacoma|