Most visitors will only visit SeaTac for the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, itself nicknamed Sea-Tac – the city named itself for the airport (albeit without the hyphen in the name, a distinction that isn't very widely known). Outside of the airport and its surrounding bevy of related businesses, including the corporate HQ of Alaska Airlines, there's little to attract tourists, although business travelers may appreciate the cluster of hotels close to the airport.
Get in edit
By car edit
From Interstate 5 (I-5), take Exit 154B (SR-518) for the airport. The same interchange connects to I-405's southern end.
By bus edit
Get around edit
By public transit edit
- King County Metro, ☏ . Operates bus, streetcar, and monorail routes in King County. Communities within the county served by this operator's routes include Auburn, Bellevue, Bothell, Burien, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Bend, Redmond, Renton, SeaTac, Seattle, Shoreline, Tukwila, Vashon Island, White Center, and Woodinville.
- Sound Transit, toll-free: . Has regional public transit routes including Sounder trains, Link light rail, and express bus in King County (e.g. Bellevue, Federal Way, Kent, Renton, Seattle), Snohomish County (e.g. Everett, Lynnwood), and Pierce County (e.g. Puyallup, Tacoma).
- Operates the region's sole light rail line, Line 1, stops at the airport. SeaTac/Airport Station also connects to a passenger pickup/dropoff just east of the airport, on the east side of International Boulevard at S. 176th St. The only parking at this station is in the airport parking garage. The line travels north through Tukwila to Seattle, reaching Downtown Seattle in just over half an hour. The fare varies by distance traveled, topping out at $3.25.
- 1 Alaska Airlines Headquarters (HQ of Alaska Airlines), Alaska Air Group Inc, 19300 International Blvd (take a curvy path from the airport), ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Friday 8AM–5PM Saturday Closed Sunday Closed Monday 8AM–5PM Tuesday 8AM–5PM Wednesday 8AM–5PM Thursday 8AM–5PM. The headquarters of Alaska Airlines in Seattle. Free.
There are numerous hotels & motels lined up along International Blvd (Hwy 99) through SeaTac that many travelers find better value in staying in comparison to those in Seattle. Tukwila, immediately to the north and to the east (opposite side of the freeway), also hosts several hotels and offsite airport parking. A number of them do offer free (or for a small fare) shuttle to/from the airport terminal and other nearby places (such as car rental offices):
- 1 Best Western Seattle Airport, 20717 International Blvd (International Blvd & S 208th.), ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon.
- 2 Radisson Hotel Gateway Seattle-Tacoma Airport, 18118 International Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 3pm, check-out: noon. Nice accommodations, friendly staff, and reasonable rates. It's also conveniently located across the street from the airport.
Go next edit
|Routes through SeaTac|
|Seattle ← Tukwila ←||N S||→ Kent → Portland|
|Seattle ← Tukwila ←||N S||→ Kent → Tacoma|
|Seattle ← Burien ←||N S||→ Kent → Tacoma|
|END ← Burien ←||W E||→ Tukwila → END|