Stone County is a county in the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Wiggins is the largest and only incorporated city in the county.
Being a rural community, no public transportation is available.
- [dead link] Flint Creek Water Park. Located on Highway 29, Wiggins, MI. Centered around a 600-acre lake, stocked with bass, bream, crappie and catfish. Other activities include boating (rentals available), water skiing, and swimming. Flint Creek's Water Town offers multiple waterslides, including four giant ones for the adults, and is open most of the year. There is plenty of camping available in the form of tent/rv spots, cabins, and camphouses. There is also a nature trail for hikers, and a picnic area with grills and tables. On the fourth of July, the park runs its annual fireworks display. A "haunted forest" is put on every year the Saturday before Halloween.
- De Soto National Forest. 170 miles of trails on the De Soto are available for hikers, ATV riders, mountain bike riders, and horse riders. Tuxachanie Trail begins about 3 miles east of U.S. Highway 49.
- The Pecan House, 441 Highway 49 (McHenry), ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Specializing in Mississippi grown pecans, in shell and shelled, and homemade pecan candies.
- Huckleberry's Cafe, 202 East Pine Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 6AM-2PM, Sa 6:30AM-1PM. In the historic district. Offering a full Southern style breakfast and daily lunch specials, as well as, a variety of homemade desserts, pies, and cakes.
- Sawmill Family Restaurant, 2205 Highway 49, ☏ .
While the county is dry, the city of Wiggins does allow the sale of beer (except on Sundays). Beer can be purchased at restaurants, but no there are no establishments which serve drinks only.
- [dead link] Cedar Ridge Cabins (Adam Meyers), Perkinston, Ms (Perkinston), ☏ . Has a stocked pond with Bass, Bluegill and Brehm. In close range of Red Creek beach, Flink Creek water park, golf courses, antique shops, auctions, bike rallies and casinos. Cabins and grounds can be rented out for weddings, receptions and family reunions.
|Routes through Stone County|
|Jackson ← Hattiesburg ←||N S||→ Gulfport → END|