Founded as a resort community by northern business magnates in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, fueled by the recently constructed South Florida Railroad connecting Orlando with northern Florida and beyond. Today Winter Park is home to about 30,000 inhabitants and a popular tourist destination with many festivals. The city is also home to the private liberal arts college, Rollins College.
- 1 Winter Park railway station, 148 W Morse Blvd.
Most of Downtown Winter Park is accessible by foot. If you are staying in the attractions area near theme parks and other resorts, it is about a 45 minute to and hour drive. The driving time from Winter Park Village to historic downtown winter park is about 3 minutes.
There are many things to see in Winter Park since it is one of the most classic and picturesque cities in Central Florida. Downtown Winter Park is filled with museums, gardens, bowling alleys, and historical landmarks. Former US President Chester A. Arthur is quoted having said "Winter Park is the most beautiful city in all of Florida." It is a gem of Central Florida and a must-see if you are visiting Florida regardless of where you are from.
- 1 Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens, 633 Osceola Ave, ☏ . Home to an art collection focusing primarily on American representational sculpture created by Czech-American sculptor Albin Polasek.
- 2 Mead Botanical Garden, 1300 S Denning Dr, ☏ .
- 3 Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, 445 N Park Ave, ☏ .
- 4 Casa Feliz Historic Home Museum, 656 N Park Avenue, ☏ .
- 5 Knowles Memorial Chapel, 1000 Holt Ave. Historic chapel, built in a Mediterranean Revival style in 1931-32.
- 6 Winter Park Historical Museum, 200 W New England Ave, ☏ .
Shirts at the straw market of Park Ave.
- Costanzo's Italian Deli, 4034 N Goldenrod Rd. Winter Park. The best dish is Linguine Piemontese.
- Pannullo's Italian, 216 S Park Ave. Winter Park. Recommended dish: ravioli Terricina with Gorgonzola cheese, mushrooms, basil.
- Thai Villa, 7355 Aloma Ave. Winter Park. Recommended dish: Tom Yum Gai soup, chili Jam with beef and tofu add peanuts.
- Tijuana Flats, 7608 University Blvd. Winter Park. They serve an excellent ultimate Nachos dish with sweet chili sauce.
- Prato, Park Avenue. Winter Park. Italian modern. Outstanding Pizza. Great atmosphere
- Mead Garden, 1300 South Denning Drive, ☏ .
|Routes through Winter Park|
|Savannah ← DeLand ←||N S||→ Orlando → Miami|
|Savannah ← DeLand ←||N S||→ Orlando → Tampa|
|Tampa ← Orlando ←||W E||→ Altamonte Springs → Daytona Beach|
|Punta Gorda/Tampa ← Orlando ←||S/W N/E||→ Maitland → Jacksonville/Daytona Beach|
|Sanford ← Maitland ←||N S||→ Orlando → Pine Castle|