There are many ways to get into Wooster because many routes converge into Wooster.
- Route 30 - makes it easier to enter Wooster coming from the east and the Canton/Massillon area and from the west and the Mansfield area.
- Old Lincoln Highway- runs east to west into the Wooster CBD/ Main St. area.
- Route 585 - runs from the northeast from the Akron area.
- Route 250 - runs from the west into the southern portion of Wooster from the Ashland area.
- Route 3 - runs from north to south. Connects Medina and Cleveland area to the north and Columbus to the south.
- Route 83 - runs from north to south on the eastern border of Wooster. Connects to Medina and North Ridgeville in the north and Millersburg and Ohio's Amish Country in the south.
- Greyhound, 127 E Henry Street, ☏ (main), (Greyhound Package Express), (Greyhound Charter). Su-F 9:30AM-1:30PM, 4:30-5:30PM, closed Sa.
Driving is the best way around. Walking, biking and hiking is an option since there are numerous parks and an inviting downtown area. A walk on the College of Wooster campus is also a very inviting and pleasant experience.
- 1 The College of Wooster, ☏ . Independent liberal arts college, founded in 1866 and nationally recognized for an innovative curriculum that emphasizes independent learning, an ivy league atmosphere with magnificent architecture and parklike grounds, 1189 Beall(pronounced bell) Ave.
- 3 Wayne Center for the Arts, 237 S Walnut St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M - F 9AM - 9PM; Sa 9AM - 4PM.
- 4 [dead link] Wayne County Historical Society and Museum, 546 E. Bowman St, ☏ . W-Su 2-4:30PM, closed January and holidays. Artifacts and displays from Wayne County history. Tour includes current exhibit and buildings, Adult $5, child under 14 free.
- 5 Congress (13 mi. NW of Wooster, on Rte 539). Village (pop. 185) in scenic Amish countryside.
- 6 OSU Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC). Has gardens. Next to the Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute.
- 1 Wayne County Fair, 199 Vanover St, ☏ . Held each September.
- 2 The Ohio Light Opera, 329 E University St (Freedlander Theatre), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A lyrical theater festival.
- 3 Freelander Theater.
- Acres of Fun (Wooster Skateland Rollerskating Rink), 3889 Friendsville Rd, ☏ . Offers Laser tag, Bumper boats, Go Karts, a rollerskating rink, and a batting cage
- 4 Vulture's Knob Mountain Bike Course and Race, 4300 Mechanicsburg Rd, ☏ . A privately owned mountain bike park that is open to the public. $5.
- 5 Alice Noble Ice Arena, 851 Oldman Rd, ☏ . Offers public skating and hockey.
- Lock & Load Paintball, 1646 Fulton Rd, ☏ .
- Triway Lanes, 3392 Columbus Rd, ☏ . Bowling alley that hosts tournaments and parties.
- Wayne Lanes, 1983 E Lincoln Way, ☏ . Bowling alley
- Wooster Racquet & Fitness Club, 1578 Mechanicsburg Rd, ☏ .
- Out of the Rough, 4393 E Lincoln Way, ☏ . Golf driving range
Parks and NatureEdit
- 6 Wooster Memorial Park (5 miles west of Wooster, off US 250). 7 miles of hiking trails and picnic pavilions. Horseback riding and mountain biking are prohibited.
- 7 Christmas Run Park (north of Bowman Street, between Grant and Woodland). Playground, pool, tennis courts, picnic pavilions, gazebo, covered bridge, creek, pond.
- 8 Freedlander Park (Hillside Drive, off Friendsville Road). Pool, chalet, picnic pavilions, playground, sand volleyball court, playing fields, horseshoe court, lake.
- Grosjean Park (on Freedlander Road and Maple Street - near Schellin Park). Stream and walkway for nature trails.
- 9 Knights Field Park (off Rebecca Street). Pool, tennis courts, horseshoe court, picnic pavilion, playground.
- Secrest Arboretum, 2680 Madison Ave (at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center), ☏ .
- Stan Miller Park (near US Route 30 interchange, off Beaver Street). Playground, picnic pavilion, pond with fountain, skate park, playing fields.
- Walnut Street Park (South Grant and West Henry Streets, behind the Wayne Center for the Arts). Basketball court, playground, picnic tables.
- Walton Woods (off Mechanicsburg Road). Tree nursery and flower beds.
- Meadow Lake Park, 8970 Canaan Center Road, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wooster has a number of local antique dealers, florists, and thrift shops.
- Everything Rubbermaid, 115 S Market St, ☏ . Offers the largest assortment of Rubbermaid products anywhere in the world.
- Wooster Book Company, 205 West Liberty Street, toll-free: . One of Ohio's largest independent bookstores.
- Books in Stock Used & Rare, 140 E Liberty St, ☏ .
- Troyer's Home Pantry II, 319 E North St, ☏ . Bakery
- 1 Buehler's Fresh Food Markets. Home of this regional grocery chain, Various locations.
- Butcher Block & Deli, 842 E Milltown Rd, ☏ .
- Wooster Natural Foods (Wooster Food Co-op), 138 E Liberty St, ☏ . Natural and organic foods.
- Village Bake Shoppe, 3258 N Elyria Rd, ☏ . Bakery
- Cakes by Diane, 5353 Millersburg Rd, ☏ . Bakery
- Bouquet Shop, 2651 Cleveland Rd, ☏ .
- Buchwalter Greenhouse, 6554 Back Orrville Rd, ☏ . A local business that's been around since 1926. Offers gardening and planting workshops.
- Com-Patt-ibles Floral Elegance, 149 N Grant St, toll-free: .
- Green Thumb Floral & Gifts, 1583 Madison Ave, toll-free: .
- Wooster Floral & Gifts, 675 Portage Rd, toll-free: .
- Greenhouse Shoppe, 3649 Cleveland Rd, ☏ .
- Coccia House Ristorante, 764 Pittsburgh Ave, ☏ . Pizzeria
- Fill 'er Up Cafe, 117 West Liberty Street, ☏ .
- The Granery at The Pine Tree Barn, 4374 Shreve Road, ☏ . 1868 barn offering gourmet lunches and desserts prepared fresh daily.
- Hartzler Family Dairy and Cafe, 5454 Cleveland Road, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-7PM. Sells ice cream
- Matsos Family Restaurant, 154 West Liberty Street, ☏ . Sells Greek food and pizza
- 1 TJ's Restaurant (C.W. Burgerstein's), 359 W Liberty St, ☏ . Includes C.W. Burgerstein's and Melvin's
- Tulipan Hungarian Pastry & Coffee Shop, 122 S. Market Street, ☏ .
- 2 City Square Steakhouse, 148 S Market St, ☏ .
- 1 Murphy's Market Gill, 234 S Market St, ☏ .
- [dead link] Leroy's Place, 400 Palmer St. Popular dive bar
- DeNovo, 1931 Portage Rd. Trendy two-story club with huge dance floor
- The Olde Jaol Brewing Co., 215 North Walnut Street, ☏ .
- Troutman Vineyards, 4243 Columbus Road, ☏ .
- JAFB Wooster Brewery, 120 Beall Ave, ☏ . Tap hall that lets you bring you own food.
- Muddy's (Muddy Waters Cafe), 146 E Liberty St, ☏ . A pub with steaks and a breakfast menu
- Best Western Wooster Plaza, 243 East Liberty, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. $120.
- 1 Wooster Inn, 801 East Wayne Avenue, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 Days Inn.
- Hilton Garden Inn Wooster, 959 Dover Road, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Has a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, free WiFi and free breakfast.
Bed and BreakfastEdit
- Barrister's End Bed & Breakfast, 356 North Market Street, ☏ .
- Black Squirrel Inn, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 1870 restored Victorian bed and breakfast, all rooms with en suite bathrooms located at 636 College Avenue, 2 blocks from the College of Wooster.
- Mirabelle Bed & Breakfast, 1626 Beall Avenue, ☏ , ✉ MirabelleBandB1@aol.com.
- [dead link] Leila Belle Inn Bed & Breakfast, 846 E. Bowman St., ☏ . Restored 1881 Victorian home.
- Cleveland (northeast)
- Mansfield (west)
- Columbus (southwest)
- Canton (east)
- Akron (northeast)
- Amish Country (south, southeast)
|Routes through Wooster|
|Lima ← Mansfield ←||W E||→ Dalton → Canton|
|Sandusky ← Ashland ←||W E||→ Apple Creek → Mount Eaton → Dover|
|North Ridgeville ← Burbank ←||N S||→ Millersburg → Coshocton|
|Marion ← Mount Gilead ← Jct N S ← Jct W E ← Jct W E ←||W E||→ END|