Yucca Valley is at the west edge of the Morongo Basin in the Mojave Desert, between the San Berandino Mountains (west) and Joshua Tree National Park (south).
Get in Edit
By car Edit
Most visitors will arrive by car.
- California State Route 62 runs east-west through the Morongo Basin, west towards Palm Springs and Interstate 10, and east to Joshua Tree Village and Twentynine Palms and onto the Arizona state line.
- California State Route 247 (Old Woman Springs Rd) begins in Yucca Valley and runs north through Barstow to Interstate 15.
By bus Edit
There is a limited bus network, run by the Morongo Basin Transit Authority (MBTA). Service runs west towards Palm Springs and east towards Joshua Tree Village and Twentynine Palms.
By plane Edit
Further afield are:
Get around Edit
By bus Edit
- Morongo Bay Transit Authority has routes around Yucca Valley.
- Hi-Desert Nature Museum, 57090 Twentynine Palms Highway (Community Center Complex), ☏ , email@example.com. W-Sa 10AM–5PM, closed Federal holidays. The museum is dedicatd to educating residents and tourists about the cultural heritage, natural history and desert environment of the Morongo Basin and High Desert.
- Aki Sushi, 57045 Twentynine Palms Highway, ☏ .
- John's Place, 56249 Twentynine Palms Highway, ☏ . Su–Th 6AM–9PM, F–Sa 6AM–10PM. American diner
- La Casita, 57154 Twentynine Palms Highway, ☏ . Daily 11AM–10PM. Mexican
- Las Palmas Restaurant, 55792 Twentynine Palms Highway, ☏ . M–Sa 10AM–9PM, Su 9AM–9PM. Mexican.
- La Palapa, 57173 Sunnyslope Dr, ☏ . Daily 10AM–9PM. Mexican
- Pappy and Harriet's Pioneertown Palace, 53688 Pioneertown Rd, Pioneertown, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Th-Su 11AM-9:30PM, M 5PM-9:30PM, closed Tu W.
Go next Edit
- Joshua Tree National Park, east — Home to two desert ecosystems and is a favorite for campers, hikers, and rock-climbers.
- Pioneertown, northwest — An Old West-themed living motion-picture set where movie and television shows have been filmed, with galleries and places to eat.
|Routes through Yucca Valley|
|Palm Springs ← Desert Hot Springs ←||W E||→ Joshua Tree Village → Jct N S|
|END Jct N S ← Barstow ←||N S||→ END|