Yulin (榆林; Yúlín) is a city in Shaanxi Province.
Yulin was a garrison town along the Great Wall of China. The town now survives on the extraction of oil found locally.
There is daily flight connection to Beijing, Xi'an, and a new Airport has been in place since 2007 which is around 17KM to city center. You can take shuttle bus (25 RMB) or Taxi (40RMB+) to go to city center.
Direct train is connecting to Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai and surrounding cities now.
Location - corner of Yuyangzhong Road and Xinjian South Road.
- Shenmu - takes about 3 hours
- Xi'an - takes about 8 hours
- Yan'an - takes about 4 hours
- Yinchuan - takes about 8 hours
- Hongshi Gorge (红石峡; Hóngshíxiá; lit. Red Stone Gorge) (500m before Zhenbeitai). Houses 44 cave dwellings, lush garden-like atmosphere, pagodas and massive inscriptions on the cliffsides.
- Yulin Old Town. Well preserved with all the old hutongs and courtyards still preserved. Fragrant Cloud Temple (Xiangyun Si) and Bring Gladness Temple (Daixing Si) are hidden in among the hutongs, like jewels among the flowers.
- Zhenbei Platform (镇北台; Zhènběitái; lit. Suppress The North Platform) (7km north of town). One of the largest guard towers on the Ming Great Wall.
- Puhui Hotel (Puhui Binguan), Xinjian North Road, ☏ .
- Xiangrui Hotel (Xiangrui Zhaodaisuo), Caolarouzhong Lane.
- Yingbin Hostel (Yingbin Lushe), 123 Diyi Road, ☏ .
- Ruixiang Hotel (Ruixiang Binguan), Sifangtai Lane, ☏ .
- Yuylu Hotel (Yuylu Binguan), Shanglang North Road.