town in Tōhaku district, Tottori prefecture, Japan
- Tottori Airport (鳥取空港 TTJ IATA), Tottori (Airport buses connect to Matsuzaki Station (40 min). Alternately, a train goes to the airport.). This airport is in a neighboring city.
The JR San-in Line runs through Yurihama with two stations in town: Tomari Station and Matsuzaki Station.
The San-in Road and Aoya-Hawai Road run through Yurihama along the coast. Route 22 runs along the southern side of Lake Togo.
- 1 Enchoen Chinese Garden (燕趙園), 565-1 Hikiji, ☏ . One of the largest Chinese gardens in Japan. It was first assembled in China, disassembled, and then rebuilt here with Lake Togo as its backdrop. Chinese acrobatic performances are held here daily. The gift shop just outside the garden contains a lot of Chinese souvenirs and sweets, as well. Entrance is ¥500.
- 2 Ueshi Castle (羽衣石城), Ueshi. The original was destroyed by the Tokugawa army. It was rebuilt in 1990.
- 3 Tomari Museum of History and Folklore (泊歴史民俗資料館). 09:30-16:30 daily.
- 4 Shitori Shrine (倭文神社), 754 Miyauchi, ☏ . The main hall of the shrine was rebuilt in 1818, but many of the artifacts from the shrine are National Treasures.
- 5 Hashizu Fort Ruins (橋津台場跡).
- 6 Mt. Kitayama Ancient Burial Mounds (北山古墳).
- 7 Lake Togo (東郷池).
- 8 Fudo Falls (不動滝), Urushibara.
- 9 Imadaki Falls (今滝), Kitafuku.
|Routes through Yurihama|
|Yonago ← Kurayoshi ←||W E||→ Tottori → Kyoto|