- Banqiao (Banciao) Railway Station (板橋車站) is a major transportation hub in Taipei County. This station connects the railways, Taipei MRT and Taiwan High Speed Rail. It also has local and inter-city bus stations. (Wunhua Road Sec. 1, Banqiao City)
- Zhonghe Line (中和線) 's station: Dingxi (Yonghe), Yongan Market, Jingan and Nanshijiao.
- Use city buses  [formerly dead link].
- There is also a free shuttle bus from Banqiao (Banciao) Railway Station (板橋車站) that services Zhonghe Juguang Road (莒光路) West side of Zhonghe. It departs from Zhi-Chang Middle School (自強國中) and arrives at Banqiao (Banciao) Railway Station (板橋車站) stopping in a few places in between on Juguang Road (莒光路). The shuttle bus is small and its stop sign is entirely in Chinese. It departs from Zhi-Chang Middle School (自強國中) every half hour start 07:00 and ends at 21:30. It then departs from Banqiao (Banciao) Railway Station (板橋車站) (right across from Banciao City Bus Station on Xinfu Road (新府路) at every 40 of the hour. If you cannot read Chinese, this shuttle is not recommended.
- Taxis are widely available starting at NT$70.
Zhonghe is a typical Taiwanese suburb with heavily congested roads and population.
From Nanshijiao MRT you can take a taxi to 烘爐地 (Hong Lu Di) where there's a huge god on the mountain side. It's about NT$150 from MRT exit 4. It's well worth the trip as there are great views over all of Taipei. From up there, you can also hike around and enjoy the forest on top of the hills.
History & cultureEdit
- 1 Tzu Chi Shuang Ho Jing Si Hall (慈濟雙和靜思堂), No. 41, Section 3, Zhongshan Road, ☏ .
- 2 Kaizan Shrine (海山神社), ☏ . 6AM-8PM.
- 3 Nanshan Fude Temple (南山福德宮), No. 160-1, Lane 399, Section 2, Xingnan Road, ☏ . An ornate temple complex that looks good during the day, or illuminated at night.
- 4 Pili Temple (霹靂宮), No. 52, Zhongban Road, ☏ .
- 5 Zhonghe Yuantong Temple (新北市中和區圓通禪寺), No. 64, Lane 367, Yuantong Road, ☏ .
- 6 Zhonghe Guangji Temple (廣濟宮), No. 95, Zhonghe Road, ☏ .
- 7 Zhonghe Fuhe Temple (福和宮), No. 112, Guangfu Road, ☏ .
Parks & natureEdit
There are a few live Blue-Claw Shrimp fishing places around. You basically turn up, rent a rod by the hour, fish shrimp out of a swimming pool sized pond and drink beer. Once you've finished fishing, you can take your catch to the large grills, skewer 'em live and watch them crack under the flames. Then pack on the salt, order some stir-fry vegetables and enjoy your meal.
There are a couple, but the best one is near Jing-An MRT. Turn right out of Exit one and follow the overpass down the main street. Keep going for 5–10 minutes until you get just past BanAn road intersection. Here you should see a blue shed like building with the shrimp fishing inside.
[dead link] National Immigration Agency, 1F., No.135, Min’an Street (Take taxi from the Banqiao MRT - the nearest station to the agency), ☏ , fax: , , . M-F 09:00-17:00. Visa applications/extensions for foreign residents of New Taipei City should be made at this agency.
- 1 Zhonghe Sports Park (錦和運動公園), No. 350-1, Jinhe Road.
- 1 SLv Hotel (君迪商旅), No. 232, Section 1, Hecheng Road, ☏ . Is clean, reasonably priced and be sure to check out the music channel if you are not travelling with children.
- 2 RSL Hotel Taipei Zhonghe (瓏山林台北中和飯店), No. 631 Zhongzheng Road, ☏ . An expensive but upscale hotel.
- 3 Golden Hotel (金弘旅店), No. 316, Nanjing West Road, ☏ . 台北中和金采商旅
- 4 Merry Day Motel, No.487, Bannan Rd, ☏ . 中和美麗殿精品汽車旅館