market town and civil parish in Devon, England, UK
Get in edit
By train edit
Get around edit
By bus edit
Bus service 885 connects Axminster to towns and villages including Colyton, Seaton & Beer.
- 1 Axminster Museum, Thomas Whitty House, Silver Street, EX13 5AH, ☏ . Tu-F 10AM-4PM, Sa 10AM-1PM. Museum of town and carpet history in an old carpet factory.
- 2 Axe Valley wildlife park, Summerleaze Farm, Kilmington, EX13 7RA. Tu-Su 10AM - 5PM. small zoo Adult £9.50, Child £7.00.
- Lower Bruckland Farm. May-Oct: Sa Su 11:30AM-5PM. Nature reserve and tearoom. Adult £3.50, child £1.50.
- 3 Flamingo Pool, Lyme Road, EX13 5AZ. Charity-run swimming pool.
- 4 Musbury castle. dawn to dusk. Iron age hill fort.
- 5 St Mary's Church, Church St, EX13 5NU.
- Shute and Kilmington woods.
- Trinity Hill nature reserve. and woods
- 6 Shute Barton, Shute, near Axminster, EX13 7PT, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Medieval house
- Miltons Yard shopping centre.
- 1 Millwater House, Stoney Lane EX13 5EE, ☏ , email@example.com. B&B set in an acre of gardens, short walk from the town centre. £55-85/night.
- 2 Prestoller House, Beavor Lane EX13 5EQ, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Comfortable B&B with gardens, delicious breakfasts. £85-105/night.
- 3 Lower Keats Glamping, Broom Lane, Tytherleigh EX13 7AZ, ☏ . Glamping lodges and safari-tents on a working farm, open April-Sept. Dogs welcome. 3 nights from £700.
Axminster has 4G with all UK carriers. As of May 2022, 5G has not reached this area.
Go next edit
|Routes through Axminster|
|Exeter ← merges with at Honiton ←||NW SE||→ Charmouth → Dorchester|