Bayombong covers about 136 km2 (53 sq mi) of land, mostly rugged and hilly terrain, and it lies between the Magat and Calocool rivers. It is divided into 25 barangays, including the 4 barangays forming the poblacion (downtown or central settlement).
The poblacion roughly forms a right triangle with the long side pointing to Solano and the short side to the Cordilleras; Sgt. Leonardo B. Perez Avenue and National Road forms the main street through it. Maharlika Highway (Asian Highway 26) bypasses the poblacion to the north.
Buses stop at the downtown, at Perez Avenue near St. Dominic's Cathedral.
- Ohayami Transport. Plies the Manila-Banaue route. Buses leave from Sampaloc district at 9 and 10PM and arrive at Bayombong by 4 and 5AM. Return trips from Banaue leave at 6:30 and 7PM, and arrive at Bayombong at 8:30 and 9PM.
- Victory Liner. Buses run from their Manila terminals to destinations in Cagayan Valley and Kalinga.
- Bangan Hills National Park, Casat. A historical landmark, it is the location of an annual "Stations of the Cross" held during the Lenten season, with live actors portraying Jesus' suffering, death, and resurrection. Aside from that, it is also visited by hikers, and the hilltop provides a wide view of the surrounding area and the Caraballo and the Cordilleras
- Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Capitol Complex, National Road. It is the fulfillment of the noble aspiration, foresight and noble vision of its builder, Governor Patricio G. Dumlao. The capitol building is a study of architectural ingenuity. It has a park with exotic plant species, concrete benches and sidewalks lighted with giant lamps and man-made lagoon ideal for rowing the colorful mini-boats operated by handicapables, also called the Luneta of the north.
- Saint Dominic Cathedral, Sgt. Leonardo B. Perez Avenue. A living vestige of the grandeur that was the old town is its Catholic Church that was preserved to become the first cathedral in the province. Razed by fire twice and rebuilt in the same old site, it is now approximately twice its original size. The cathedral maintains the original façade and as such a veritable treasure, a relic of the past for its historic and aesthetic remains of a proud Christian past. .
- Highlander Hotel, Maharlika Highway (Near the public market). ₱2600.
|Routes through Solano|
|Santiago ← Solano ←||N S||→ Bambang → Aritao (junction ← ) → San Jose|