The main routes into Benton are:
- Interstate 69 – A controlled-access highway built as the Purchase Parkway, part of the state's "parkway" system of toll roads, but now a freeway. The highway, which runs in a general northeast-southwest direction, funnels in traffic from Interstate 24 to the north. It's now signed as I-69 between Calvert City and Mayfield, with the rest (south to Fulton) to become part of I-69 in the near future. The main exit to Benton is Exit 43 (Kentucky Route 348). A second Benton exit, Exit 41 (US 641), is less useful for traffic heading into town, as it mainly serves to direct traffic heading to Murray.
- US 68 – A two-lane east-west highway whose western end is near Paducah, it provides access to Land Between the Lakes and the southern tier of Kentucky.
- US 641 – North of the city, it is a two-lane road running parallel to the Purchase Parkway. South of the city, it becomes a four-lane divided highway running to Murray.
- Kentucky Opry Country Music Show, 88 Chilton Rd, ☏ . A good, clean wholesome family show. The Kentucky Opry will entertain you with Gospel, Country, 50s and some great impersonations of your favorite Grand Ole Opry stars.
- Forgotten Past, 3390 US Hwy 68 E, ☏ . 42025. Go-carts, 18 hole miniature golf, bumper cars, museum, arcade and gifts. Open daily at 1PM, Memorial Day to Labor Day. Weekends in May and September. Located on US 68, 3 miles east of Draffenville.
- Benton Golf and Country Club, Golf Course Rd., +1 270 527-9673. 18 Holes / Open-Private.
- Birmingham Pointe Golf Club, Golf Course Rd., +1 270 354-5050. 18 Holes / Open-Private.
- The Marvel Golf Course, 55 Cross Rd, ☏ . 42025. 18 Holes / Semi-Private.
- Antiques Et Cetera & The Emporium, 1026 Main St, ☏ .
- Brenda's Antiques, 7776 US 68W, +1 270 898-6536.
- Floy's Antiques, 4397 US Hwy 68 W, ☏ .
- Lazy Ridge Country Store, 17 Cascade Hills Ln, ☏ .
- Martin's Country Store, 287 Cascade Hills Ln, ☏ .
- Odds & Ends, 95 N Main St, ☏ .
- Shop-O-Rama, US 68E, +1 270 527-8361.
- Treasured Memories, 1207 Main St, ☏ .
In addition to many chain restaurants, there are some local establishments in Benton:
- 4 Little Pigs BBQ, ☏ .
- Bee Spring Lodge Restaurant, 573 Bee Spring Rd, toll-free: . Enjoy breakfast or lunch inside the cozy restaurant or outside at the patio. Full breakfast and lunch menu made to order. Grill is open 6AM-2PM daily, closed on Thursday.
- Belew's Dairy Bar, 150 Union Ridge Rd Benton, KY 42025, ☏ . Drive In restaurant. Open seasonally mid April through Labor Day.
- Benton Drive In 527-3484.
- Big Bear Resort Restaurant, 30 Big Bear Rd, toll-free: . Breakfast & lunch. Open for the fishermen.
- El Costeno Grille, ☏ .
- Hutchen's BBQ, ☏ .
- Lacey's Family Restaurant, ☏ .
- Main Street Java, ☏ .
- Majestic Pizza & Steakhouse, ☏ .
- Parcell's Foods, ☏ .
- Peking Chinese Restaurant, ☏ .
All of Marshall County, including Benton, is now "wet", allowing full package alcohol sales.
- [dead link] Aire Castle Bed & Breakfast, 435 Salem Chapel Rd. North, ☏ , toll-free: . 42025
- Bee Spring Lodge, 626 Bee Spring Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Big Bear Resort, 30 Big Bear Resort Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Cedar Knob Resort, 1434 Cedar Knob Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Cozy Cove Waterfront Resort, 1917 Reed Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Dinner Bell Cottages 13444 US 68 E, +1 270 354-6521.
- Hester's Spot In The Sun, 350 Hester Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- High Ridge Resort, 40 Ridge Loop, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Hickory Hill Resort, 90 Hickory Hill Ln, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Holiday Inn Express, 173 Caroll Rd, ☏ .
- King Creek Resort & Marina, 972 King Creek Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Malcolm Creek Resort, 325 Gutherie Dr, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Shamrock Motel, 806 Main St, ☏ .
- Shawnee Bay Resort, 1297 Shawnee Bay Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Sportsman's Lodge, 12710 US 68 E, ☏ , toll-free: .
- [dead link] Sportsman's Anchor Resort, 12888 US 68 E, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Southern Komfort Resort, 460 Southern Komfort Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Tall Oaks Bay, ☏ . Off US 68 near Jonathan Creek.
- Town & Country Resort, 1425 Gardner Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Whispering Oaks Resort, 267 Millers Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Bee Spring Lodge, 626 Bee Spring Rd, 42025, +1-800-732-0088. 12 sites.
- Big Bear Resort, 30 Big Bear Rd, 42025 +1-800-922-BEAR. 75 sites.
- Birmingham Point RV Park, 5295 Barge Island Rd, +1 270 354-8482. 15 sites.
- Lakeside Campground & Marina, 12363 US 68 E, +1-800-842-9018. On Kentucky Lake. 110 sites.
- Malcolm Creek Resort, 325 Guthrie Dr, +1-800-733-6713. On Kentucky Lake. 42 sites.
- Sportsman's Anchor Resort, 12888 US 68 E, +1-800-326-3625. On Kentucky Lake. 55 sites.
- Southern Komfort Resort, 460 Southern Komfort Rd, +1-800-526-4946. On Kentucky Lake. 200 sites.
- Town & Country Resort, 1425 Gardner Rd, +1-800-347-1470. 31 sites.
Most telephone numbers in Benton consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Benton|
|Henderson ← Gilbertsville ←||N S||→ Mayfield|
|Marion ← Gilbertsville ←||N S||→ Murray → Clifton|