Bradenton is a city in the West Central Florida. It is situated on the Gulf coast. It's economy is based on tourism and agricultural products. Tropicana, the orange juice company, and Bealls is headquartered here.
- You can arrive by air at Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport (SRQ IATA), on the border between Sarasota and Manatee counties, 6 mi (9.7 km) south of Bradenton.
- You can also fly into Tampa International Airport (TPA IATA), in Tampa. Tickets to Tampa are generally cheaper and it's easier to get a direct flight since the airport is bigger.
- The third option is a smaller airport St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport. (PIE) The airport is predominantly served by Allegiant Airlines and features direct flights from many mid-sized northern cities.
- Easy access by car from Interstate 75.
- Anna Maria Island provides a free trolley service that runs the length of the island.
- The MCAT (Manatee County Area Transit) bus system stops at all the major shopping areas, beaches, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Seafood Shack in Cortez village.
- Mar Vista on Longboat Key.
- Moore's on Longboat Key.
- Rod and Reel pier on Anna Maria Island.
- RJ Gators, Manatee Ave.
- Rasher Tierney's, Rt. 41.
- Americas Best Value Inn, 607 67th Street Circle East (I-75, exit 220, across from McDonalds), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Economy motel with clean rooms. $40-90.
For the most part Bradenton is a safe city, with crime rates among the lowest in Tampa Bay Area. However some areas, especially South of downtown, tend to have a higher concentration of crime, especially at night.
As always, don't walk around by yourself late at night or carry around expensive objects or large amounts of cash. Driving is normally pretty safe, however carjackings have been known to happen. If driving around at night, lock your car doors and windows. Again it is recommended to stick to major roads to avoid getting lost and ending up in a bad neighborhood.
|Routes through Bradenton|
|Tampa ←||N S||→ Sarasota → Miami|
|Saint Petersburg ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Tallahassee ← Saint Petersburg ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Tampa ← Apollo Beach ←||N S||→ Sarasota → Miami|
|END ← Anna Maria Island ←||W E||→ Zolfo Springs → Avon Park|
|Ends at ←||W E||→ Arcadia → Fort Pierce|