Bridgnorth is a historic market market town on the banks of the River Severn in Shropshire, England. The town is built on two levels, with the upper level dominated by the remains of a medieval castle keep which leans at an angle greater than the leaning tower of Pisa.
- 297 – Arriva: Bridgnorth → Danesford → Quatford → Quatt → Romsley → Upper Arley → Shatterford → Trimpley → Low Habberly → Kidderminster
- 9 – Arriva: Telford → Dawley → Horsehay → Coalbrookdale → Ironbridge → Broseley → Bridgnorth → Wolverhampton
- 113, 114, 115, 116 – Arriva: Telford → Shifnal → The Hem → Brockton → Sutton Maddock → Norton → Rindleford Turn → Bridgnorth
Bridgnorth station is no longer part of National Rail and instead used for the Severn Valley Railway.
- 1 St Leonard's Church.
- 2 Church of St. Mary Magdalene. Situated on the site of Bridgnorth Castle's former chapel is a neoclassical church built by Thomas Telford.
- 3 Bridgnorth Castle, ☏ . The remains of Bridgnorth Castle that was destroyed during the English Civil War. All that is left is the castle keep which slants at a 15 degree angle, much more than the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- 4 Northgate Museum, Northgate, WV16 4ER, ☏ . W, Sa-Su: 1:00PM-4:00PM (also open on bank holiday Mondays). Free, but donations encouraged.
- 5 Daniels Mill, The Cankhorn, Eardington, WV16 5JL, ☏ . An old (but still operational) cast-iron waterwheel, the largest in England. Flour from the mill is sold in local shops.
- 1 Theatre on the Steps, Stoneway Steps, WV16 4BD, ☏ .
- 2 Majestic Cinema, Whitburn St, Bridgnorth WV16, ☏ . A small run-down Art-Deco cinema.
- 3 Bridgnorth Cliff Railway, 6A Castle Terrace, WV16 4AH. M-Sa: 8AM-8PM, Su: noon-8PM (summer), M-Sa: 8AM-6:30PM, Su: noon-6:30PM (winter). Described as the oldest, steepest and shortest funicular railway in England, connecting the High and Low Town. It can be a scenic way to get around and is open most of the year.
- 4 Severn Valley Railway, Bridgnorth Station, Hollybush Road, WV16 5DT, ☏ . Preserved steam railway which runs to Kidderminster.
|Routes through Bridgnorth|
|Telford ← Ironbridge ←||N S||→ Quatford → Kidderminster|
|merges with ←||W E||→ Worfield → Wolverhampton|
|Shrewsbury ← Much Wenlock ←||W E||→ Stourbridge → Birmingham|