This island is definitely off the beaten track for travelers. However, it is a real gem and feels extremely safe compared to its neighboring islands.
Mambajao is the capital of Camiguin, and Catarman is the second largest town on the island.
- 1 Camiguin Airport (CGM IATA) (west of Mambajao). Cebgo and PAL Express fly daily to/from Cebu (45 minutes). Charter carrier Skyjet Airlines has flights from Manila.
- The island has three ferry terminals: Guinsiliban, Benoni and Balbagon.
- From 2 Balingoan ferry terminal (Misamis Oriental province) there are 10 daily Super Shuttle ferries to 3 Benoni ferry terminal, 75 min travel time, departure every 1.5-2 hours, ₱200. Balingon port is a 2-hour bus ride from Cagayan de Oro ₱120. or a 3-hour bus ride from Butuan. Two operators work on this route: Super Shuttle] (+63 88 387 40 34) and Philstone (+63 88 387 40 48).
- Super Shuttle ferries from Jagna (Bohol island) to 4 Balbagon port, leaving Jagna daliy at 13:00 (and Balbagon in the opposite direction daily at 08:00) 4 hours, ₱450, operated by Super Shuttle Ferries (+63 88 387 40 34).
- Rent a motorcycle, usually ₱500/day.
- Take a jeepney around the island. Jeepney/van from Benoni to Mambajao cost ₱30.
- Take public or hired tricycles.
The island of Camiguin is part of the Northern Mindanao earthquake epicenter. It is basically volcanic in origin and is entirely made up of deposits attributed to its volcanoes.
- Mt. Hibok-Hibok
- Mt. Vulcan
- Mt. Guinsiliban
- Mt. Mambajao
- Mt. Timpoong
- Mt. Tres Marias
- Mt. Uhay
- 1 Sunken Cemetery, Bonbon, Catarman. The eruption of Mt. Vulcan from 1871 to 1875 buried parts of Catarman, including the town's cemetery. A large cross was built above the site of the old cemetery in 1982, as a reminder of the power of Mother Nature.
- Guiob Church Ruins, Bonbon, Catarman (near the Sunken Cemetery). The church, built out of coral stones, was also affected by the 1871 eruption of Mt. Vulcan. A chapel has since been built within the ruins, where Mass is also held on a regular basis.
- Sto. Rosario Church (Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Parish Green Church), Sagay. The church was built in 1882 using coral stones. It has undergone renovations over the years using indigenous and sustainable materials, including bamboo for the walls and columns, wood, and coconut materials. The apse is also covered with multicolored adobe stones.
- Arden Hot Springs. Make a nighttime visit to these hot springs. It is the perfect time for a warm soak or swim. Drinks are served at the resort. ₱30.
- Katibawasan Falls. A waterfall at 50 m. There are a few picnic benches and the water is cold and refreshing. A must-see!
- Mantigue Island. An islet with beautiful white sand and crystal clear waters off the coast of Maninog.
- Fiesta. Talk to the locals and see if there is a fiesta happening on the island. It is a must-do!
- PNB Bank. Aranas Street Mambajao. has a 24-hour Visa card ATM.
- Salcedo Supermaket. Mambajao.
- Gaisano Mall, P Reys Street, Mambajao. 09:00-20:00. The first big mall on Camiguin, has a large supermarket.
There is a good fire oven pizza place around Agohay Beach.
- J R fastfoods. Mambajao.
- Rooftop Bar & Restaurant. Mambajao.
- Island Grill & Seafoods House. Mambajao.
- Treehouse by the Sea. A relaxing treehouse with electricity that borders the ocean. It includes a double bed and attached bathroom. Ask locals for directions - it is near the airport. It has a great view and friendly staff. For a reasonable price they will make meals for you. ₱500-700/night depending on the season.
- Enigmata Treehouse, Balbagon, ☏ . Another set of treehouses nestled away on the northern side of the island dorm ₱250.
- Jasmine by the sea beach resort, Bug-ong, ☏ . from ₱600.
- G V Hotel, Bugos street Manbajao (near the PNB bank), ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Fan/AC double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. It has 49 rooms. 475/620.
- Caves Dive Resort, Agoho, Mambajao (In the northern part of the island, west of Mambajao), ☏ . In addition to accommodation, the resort arranges diving.
- [dead link] Camiguin Action Geckos, Agoho, Mambajao (Just east of Caves Dive Resort), ☏ . Geckos arranges daily diving and trekking trips. Single ₱700, double ₱900.
- Seascape, Agoho, Mambajao (next door to Jasmine by the Sea), ☏ . Offers budget rooms set within a well-maintained garden and with great views of the sea. The restaurant serves good food at cheap prices. There is also a good deal on renting a motorbike if you stay there. Room rates are around ₱500 in low season for a large room with its own bathroom (cold water only though). The staff are very friendly although not always easy to find.
- J R Pension House Mambajao. Double ₱500.
- Laguna Lodge, Tagaines Lagoon Benoni (5-min walk from the port), ☏ . Check-out: 12:00. Double rooms with own bathroom. double room ₱500.
- Cantaan Yacht Inn, Benoni town. Check-out: 12:00. Fan double room with own bathroom from ₱400.
- J & R Fishpen Resort, Benoi town, ☏ . Fan double with own bathroom from ₱400.
- Camiguin Souldivers (6 km southeast of Mambajao), ☏ . Dorm bed ₱200, single ₱300, double ₱350, cottage ₱600.
- Villa Felipa Transient Lodge, Balintawak Street, ☏ . fan single/double rooms from 400.
- Amaya Hotel, Camiguin Circumferential Road (near airport), ☏ . from 800.
- Mikki,s Tourist inn (on the highway near airport), ☏ . single/double fan room from 500.