Canton-Massillion area Ohio is in Ohio.
Consists of Stark County and Carroll County
- 1 Canton - the County Seat of Stark County, is the "Birthplace of Professional American Football" and home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- 2 Alliance - the home of Ohio's State Flower, the carnation
- 3 Brewster
- 4 Canal Fulton
- 5 East Canton
- 6 East Sparta
- 7 Greentown
- 8 Hartville - Gigantic indoor/outdoor flea market
- 9 Louisville (pronounced LEW-iss-ville) - "The Constitution City"
- 10 Massillon - Was a Co fonder of Football as was Canton. Football is such a big deal in Massillon that the town was the subject of the 2001 movie Go Tigers!
- 11 Minerva
- 12 North Canton
- 13 Uniontown
- 14 Waynesburg
- 15 Carrollton
- 16 Dellroy
- 17 Magnolia
- 18 Malvern
- Quail Hollow State Park is in Hartville.
Stark County is known as "America's Playing Field." The county is made up of a mixture of rural and urban/commercial areas. The hub is the Canton region that hosts the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As of the 2000 Census, Stark County has a population of 378,098 and a 2006 estimated population of 380,575 and covers a land area of 576.14 square miles.
- Canton/Stark County Convention Visitors Bureau, 222 Market Ave. N. (Located inside the Millennium Centre), ☏ .
Carroll County was named for Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Maryland, the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence. The Great Trail stretched from Detroit to Pittsburgh and ran through Carroll County.
Interstate 77 goes north and south through the center of Stark County. State Route 30 goes east and west through the county.
- Stark County Regional Transit Authority (SARTA), ☏ . SARTA provides reliable public bus service throughout Stark County. Transfer Centers are located in: Alliance, Massillon, and Canton. There is a bus to the Akron/Canton Airport (Route 115) and an express bus between Canton and Downtown Akron (Route 81). Buses on main routes generally depart each stop every hour. SARTA buses run 365 days per year. On Holidays, buses run the Sunday schedule. Additionally, Lakefront Lines, a private bus company, operates an office in SARTA's Canton Transfer Center. Lakefront Lines goes through Canton on its route between Cleveland and Charleston, SC. $1.50 Regular fare/ .75 Reduced fare (Seniors, Disabled)/ Children under 6 ride free..
While some people that travel to the area are going to check out the Pro Football HOF in Canton, there are other unique activities in Stark County.
- Try finding the Lost French Gold in Minerva.
- Take a boat ride on the Ohio-Erie canal in Canal Fulton.
- Take a tour of the Glamorgan Castle in Alliance.
- Dig up some old treasures at the Hartville Marketplace & Flea Market in Hartville.
- Take a tour of Harry London Chocolates in North Canton.
- Atwood Lake. Offering fishing, boating, water skiing, swimming, cabins, campgrounds, and the Atwood Lake Resort Conference Center
- Leesville Lake. Offering fishing, boating, swimming, and campgrounds
For the most part, Stark County is fairly safe. While there may be some less desirable areas in Canton and Alliance, they are easy to avoid.