Get in Edit
The Dulles International Airport is close to the Air and Space Museum. To get to museum from the airport, take a Virginia Regional Transit shuttle from the Ground Transportation Curb 2E (taxicab level, down the ramp). Be sure to confirm that the shuttle goes there. This museum shuttle (Dulles 2 Dulles Air and Space Museum) operates infrequently; check this site for its schedule.
By bus Edit
- Fairfax Connector is the local bus service. A few useful routes: #650 connects to the Metro Orange Line at Vienna/Fairfax-GMU station, #901 connects to the Metro Silver Line at Herndon station, and #983 runs between the Udvar-Hazy Center (see below) and Dulles Airport.
By car Edit
Get around Edit
- Car - A car would be the best mode of transportation in Chantilly.
- 1 Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center - National Air and Space Museum, 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway, ☏ . 10AM-5:30PM. Located near Dulles International Airport, this Smithsonian museum (which is locally called the Dulles Air and Space Museum) opened in 2003 to house many illustrious air/spacecraft that would not fit into the 1976 museum in the National Mall. The Udvar-Hazy collection includes the SR-71 "Blackbird" spy plane, the Concorde supersonic jet, the Enola Gay B-29, the Super Constellation, and the space shuttle Discovery. In addition, the museum contain an observation tower and an IMAX theater. The museum is free; there is a charge for the IMAX. Parking is available for $15/vehicle.
Public transportation to the Udvar-Hazy Center from Washington DC is now relatively easy; take the Silver line Metro train to Innovation Center, then catch the 983 Fairfax Connector bus to the Udvar-Hazy Center. Buses run every 30 min M-F and once an hour on weekends. The 983 bus also stops at Dulles Airport, so can be used by visitors with a layover there.
- 2 Ox Hill Battlefield Park (Chantilly Battlefield Park), 4134 West Ox Road, ☏ . A 5-acre (2-ha) farmland on which a major Civil War battle had taken place
- 3 Ellanor C. Lawrence Park. Ellanor C. Lawrence Park is a large area preserved for the multitude of wild animals and plants. The park has various historic buildings, such as a smokehouse, dairy complex, beehives and gardens. It also has multiple sport fields and hiking trails. It has meadow, ponds, and a forest.
- Pleasant Valley Golfer’s Club at Richard Jones Park, 4715 Pleasant Valley Drive. Pleasant Valley Golfer's Club is privately own, with 18-holes.
Hiking, biking, and camping are various outdoor activities that can be done at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park.
Chantilly does not have department stores or malls. However, there are local antique stores and local shops.
- Treasures of Time - 4315-B Walney Road
- Shayan Oriental Rugs & Antiques - 14240 Sullyfield Cir # J
- Cannon Ridge Antiques, 14501 Trans World Ave.
- Wild Birds Unlimited - 13950 Lee Jackson Memorial
- DJ Feathers Aviary - 14240-P Sullyfield Circle
- Bob Evans Restaurant, 14050 Thunderbolt Pl (American).
- Sullys Restaurant & Lounge - 14513 Lee Jackson Memoria (American)
- Otani Japanese Steak House - 13952 Lee Jackson Memoria (Japanese)
- Wong Kok Asia Cuisine - 43090 Peacock Market Plz (Chinese/Japanese)
- China Cafe, 13997 Metrotech Dr.
Italian and pizza
- Buon Appetito Ny Pizza, 13932 Metrotech Dr (Italian).
- Anita's New Mexico Style Mexican Food, Inc - 13921 Lee Jackson Memoria (Mexican)
- El Fresco Mexican Grill, 13970 Metrotech Dr (Mexican). Local restaurant; tasty, cheap lunch specials.
Cafe & deli
- Checkers Deli & Cafe, 4270 Henninger Ct.
- Rojasbiz Inc, 25463 Newcastle Dr.
- Bungalow Billiards & Brew Co, 13891 Metrotech Dr. The Bungalow Billiards and Brew Co is a billiards, bar, and restaurant consisting primarily of American food.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, 3960 Corsair Court. Check-in: +1-703-435-8581. Free Dulles airport shuttle, continental breakfast daily, free high-speed Wi-Fi access.
- Comfort Suites Chantilly-Dulles Airport, 13980 Metrotech Drive.
- Extended Stay America, 14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane.
- Extended Stay Deluxe – Chantilly, 4506 Brookfield Corporate Drive.
- Hampton Inn Dulles South, 4050 Westfax Drive.
- Holiday Inn Select Chantilly, 4335 Chantilly Shopping Center
- Homestead Studio Suites, 4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive
- Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, 4994 Westone Plaza
- Staybridge Suites Chantilly, 3860 Centerview Drive.
- 1 Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles, 14750 Conference Center Drive, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. Offers over 40,000 sq ft of event space and 31 meeting rooms for weddings and conferences.
- Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly, 3940 Centerview Drive, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. The Wingate is 4 miles from the Dulles Airport and offers free airport shuttle and wireless internet. $95-150.
Go next Edit
- Fairfax has the most activities to do and places to see.
- Herndon has a great farm attraction. The farm is called Frying Pan Park and Kidwell Farm[dead link]
- Reston is a good little escape for a small town center with good restaurants.
|Routes through Chantilly|
|Winchester ← Middleburg ←||W E||→ Fairfax → Washington, D.C.|