Clinton is in Massachusetts. This is a large town in Worcester County with a number of small settlements in the area, including Berlin, Lancaster, Boylston, Bolton and Sterling.
- 1 Museum of Russian Icons, 203 Union St, Clinton, ☏ . This is the largest collection of Russian icons in North America.
- 2 Wachusett Reservoir. and Clinton dam
- 3 Tower Hill Botanical Gardens, 11 French Drive, Boylston, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. This 132-acre home of the Worcester County Horticultural Society is constantly getting better, and is already wonderful. Special tours and events as well. $8 adults, $6 seniors and children.
- Old Stone Church. Abandoned church located beside Wachusett Reservoir at the intersection of MA 12 and 140 in West Boylston. Its open to the public, just park on the side of the road. Pretty spot for photography, especially in autumn or foggy conditions.
- Berlin Orchards, 310 Sawyer Hill Rd, Berlin, ☏ . Pick-your-own of a dozen varieties of apples or take a hay ride in the rolling hills around Berlin.
- Davis Farmland and Mega Maze, 145 Red Stone Hill, Sterling, ☏ . Children's discovery farm with an excellent maize-maze.It is open from April until the end of October. You can feed the animals, take a hay ride through the farm, and even cool off at the Adventure Play and Spray. They offer day camps for kids.
- Mulligan's Miniature Golf, 124 Leominster Road, Sterling, ☏ . Mulligan’s is a great place to have some fun in the warmer months. It opens in early April and is located right next to Meola’s Ice Cream. It’s fun for people of all ages, but is extremely popular among families in the area. Adults pay $7.00 for a round of mini golf and kids pay $6.00, and all replays of rounds are half price. If you plan on visiting frequently, you can also buy a season pass ($65 for adults and $55 for kids and seniors). The course is always well kept and they have a friendly and helpful staff. The “Moose Caboose” is a stand which sits within the course, where golfers can purchase snacks and refreshments. Children’s birthday parties are frequently held here, and you can even host any other event of your choice.
- Clearview Farm, 4 Kendal Hill Road, Sterling, ☏ . This farm is a glimpse into Sterling’s history. It has been family-owned since 1906 and was home to Mary Sawyer, the little girl who inspired the nursery rhyme, “Mary had a Little Lamb.” The owners are sixth generation descendants of Mary. The farm has a beautiful view of Mount Wachusett and is a great place to spend the day outdoors. You can take a hayride through the orchard, or go apple picking. A bushel of apples costs $24 and a peck costs $13. They have special events throughout the year, such as the Pumpkin Festival every Columbus Day Weekend where they have pumpkin-carving demonstrations, live music, and treasure hunts for the kids. The farm is open from 9AM until 6PM. 200-year-old farm/orchard with 20 varieties of apples, peaches, blueberries, pumpkins, raspberries and a do-it-yourself cider press.
- Crystal Brook Farm, 192 Tuttle Rd, Sterling, ☏ . Farm store and well known producer of goat cheeses. You may even get to pet the goats.
- The Sterling Fair, 121 Greenland Road (Sterling Airport), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This festival occurs once a year on the grounds of the Sterling Airport for three days in mid-September. The fair includes petting zoos, live performances, contests, local vendors, various concession stands, games, pancake breakfast, and midway rides. The fair always takes place from Friday to Sunday, and there is an impressive display of fireworks before the fair’s close on Saturday night.
- 1 Animal Adventures, 336 Sugar Road, Bolton, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 10AM-5PM. A rescue center for exotic animals with zoo that features animal shows. $14 for anyone over the age of 4; $7 for ages 2-3; babies under 2 enter free..
- Bolton Orchards, 125 Still River Rd, Bolton, ☏ . Orchard with on-site giftshop and cafe
- Conservation Area on the north side of Bolton. Great wildlife viewing opportunities. Free parking.
- Chocksett Inn, 59 Laurelwood Road, Sterling, ☏ . This is a great spot for a weekend getaway, but you don’t have to sleep here to enjoy a nice meal. They offer a wide variety of food choices. $16-29.
- Rota-Spring Farm, 117 Chace Hill Road, Sterling, ☏ . This homemade ice cream farm is famous for having the best ice cream in the area, and the biggest scoops. People come from miles around to get a taste of one of their 50 flavors and to look at the cows that produce the delicious treats. Rota-Spring is located right in the farmland of Sterling, providing a great place for families with kids to enjoy. There is also a fruit and vegetable stand next to the ice cream window, so you can get your cone and some fresh local produce all in one trip. You can sit out on the picnic tables and enjoy the atmosphere, or just take your ice cream back home with you. Whichever way you prefer, this ice cream will never let you down.
- Barbers Crossing (North), 175 Leominster Road, Sterling, ☏ . They offer a wide range of choices, but it’s not the number one spot for a good meal in town. The atmosphere is a little unwelcoming, but the prices are low and it’s a good place to go for a basic burger and fries.
- Village Pizza, 239 Worcester Road, Sterling, ☏ . This is a family-owned pizza place that has been a fixture of Sterling since the 1990s. It’s located in the center of town. They serve big thick crust pizzas, calzones, fresh salads, and pasta dishes. They have low prices and a friendly staff.
- 1 Bolton Road House Bar and Grill, 544 Wattaquadock Hill Rd, Bolton, ☏ .
- 2 Classic Pizza Restaurant III, 1076 Main St, Bolton, ☏ .
- 3 Slater's, 356 Main Street, Bolton.
- 4 Gerardos Italian Bakery, 125 Still River Rd, Bolton, ☏ .
- Draught House Bar & Grill, 42 W Boylston St, West Boylston, ☏ . Popular bar located in a Worcester suburb with more than 30 beers on tap.
- 1 J's Restaurant at Nashoba Valley Winery, 100 Wattaquadock Hill Rd, Bolton, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fine new American and French food at this vineyard restaurant
- Bolton Beer Works, 100 Wattaquadock Hill Rd, Bolton, ☏ . Small brewery located on a vineyard in rural Bolton.
- Nashoba Valley Winery, 100 Wattaquadock Hill Rd, Bolton, ☏ . Hilltop vineyard making wines from local and imported grapes. There's also a brewery and restaurant on site.
- Chocksett Inn, 59 Laurelwood Road, Sterling, ☏ . It has 26 lovely suites, all with a living area and a full kitchen. Every room has free wireless high-speed internet and cable. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast, and they have a gym, a business center, and laundry facilities. Their restaurant, the Bistro, is open for dinner from Monday until Saturday.
- 1 The International, 159 Ballville Road, Bolton.
- 2 Charlotte's House Bed and Breakfast, 96 South Bolton Rd, Bolton.