Dalabergslagen is the southern part of Dalarna; more fertile and populated than the rest of the province, south of Siljansbygden.
Borlänge and Falun are the dominant cities, and traditional rivals.
Map of Dalabergslagen
As part of Bergslagen, this region was important to the Swedish metal industry.
- Dala Airport in Borlänge has daily flights from Gothenburg and Malmö.
- Each municipal centre is served by national rail carrier SJ.
- MasExpressen coach service operates between Stockholm and Mora, stopping at Avesta, Hedemora, Falun, Säter and Borlänge.
- Dalatrafik is the regional public transportation company.
Dalabergslagen is famous for mining tourism.
Falun has the Falu copper mine, and realist painter Carl Larsson's farm in Sundborn.
While Dalabergslagen is more populated than northern and western Dalarna, there are still deep forests for outdoor life such as hiking and winter sport.
- Falukorv, the traditional sausage of Falun.