- 1 Elko Regional Airport (J.C. Harris Field EKO IATA), 975 Terminal Way (off of Mountain City Highway), ☏ . The airport works with Skywest Airlines to provide in and out bound flights to and from Salt Lake City daily.
Amtrak. The California Zephyr stops here on its runs between Chicago and San Francisco. There are two Amtrak platforms in Elko. The first is located at 1300 Water Street (Westbound only). The other is located at 1301 Sharps Access Rd (Eastbound only).
- 1 California Trail Interpretive Center, 1 Trail Center Way, ☏ . 9AM- 4:30PM Wends.- Sun..
- 2 Western Folklife Center, 501 Railroad St., ☏ .
- 3 Northeastern Nevada Museum, 1515 Idaho St., ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Adults $8, Seniors (65+)and Students $2. Children (3-12) $1.
- Cowboy Arts and Gear Museum, 542 Commercial St, ☏ .
If you win...
Chances are that, if you win it big in Elko and you are not a U.S. citizen your winnings will be subject to a 30% withholding tax from the Internal Revenue Service. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it: it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
- 1 Wild Horse State Recreation Area, ☏ . 24 hrs. Day use $5/day, Boat launch $10, Camping $15/ night, Camp and Boat $20/night.
- 2 South Fork State Recreation Area, 353 Lower South Fork #8, Spring Creek, NV, ☏ . 24 hrs. Day use $5/day, Boat launch $10, Camping $15/ night, Camp and Boat $20/night.
- 3 Ruby Lake National Wildlife Refuge, ☏ .
- Coffee Mug, 2450 Mountain City Hwy, ☏ .
- Ruby Station Restaurant & Bar, 1430 Idaho St, ☏ .
- The Great American Grill, 3650 E Idaho St, ☏ .
- Dos Amigos, 1770 Mountain City Hwy, ☏ .
- La Fiesta, 780 Commercial St, ☏ .
- 9 beans & a Burrito, 2525 Argent Ave, ☏ .
- Bil Toki Basque, 405 Silver St, ☏ .
- The Nevada Dinner House, 351 Silver St, ☏ .
- The Star Hotel, 246 Silver St, ☏ .
- Days Inn Elko-Idaho Street, 1500 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 3019 Idaho St, ☏ .
- American Inn, 500 W. Oak St, ☏ .
- Budget Inn, 1349 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn, 2970 Idaho St, ☏ .
- [dead link] Gold Country Inn and Casino, 2050 Idaho St, ☏ .
- High Desert Inn, 3015 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Hilton Garden Inn, 3650 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Manor Motor Lodge, 185 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Oak Tree Inn, 95 Spruce Rd, ☏ .
- Red Lion Inn and Casino, 2065 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Shiloh Inn, 2401 Mtn. City, ☏ .
- Stampede Motel, 129 W. Idaho St, ☏ .
- Stockmen's Hotel, 340 Commercial St, ☏ .
- Elko County Library, 720 Court St, ☏ . M-Tu 9AM-8PM, W-Th 9AM-6PM, F-Sa 9AM-5PM.
Reno- 80 West. About 4 hours away.
Salt Lake City- 80 East. About 3 1/2 hours away.
Austin- 80 West to 305 South to 50 East. About 2 1/2 hours away
Twin Falls- 80 East to 93 North. About 2 1/2 hours away.
|Routes through Elko|
|Sacramento ← Winnemucca ←||W E||→ Salt Lake City → Denver|
|Reno ← Battle Mountain ←||W E||→ Wells → Salt Lake City|