|Climate chart (explanation)|
- Winnemucca Raceway. Dirt track racing at Winnemucca Raceway.
- Bloody Shins Trail. Fantastic mountain biking is available at the nearby Bloody Shins Trail.
- Off-road vehicles are welcome at the sand dunes just north of town on Highway-95.
If you win...
Chances are that, if you win it big in Winnemucca and you are not a U.S. citizen your winnings will be subject to a 30% withholding tax from the Internal Revenue Service. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it: it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
Winnemucca hosts several casinos, including Winners, the Model T, the Sundance, and Legends.
Winnemucca hosts several Basque restaurants, including traditional family-style dining at the Martin Hotel and Winnemucca Hotel, and restaurant-style dining at Ormachea's and San Fermin. Don't pass up the chance for some Picon Punch. Ormachea's is also a great Basque establishment with larger portions. It seems like the Martin has downsized their portions in the last few months.
- 1 The Martin Hotel, 94 W Railroad St. Despite its name, this restaurant does not offer rooms but traditional family-style Basque dining since 1898.
- 2 Sid's Restaurant, 1195 W Winnemucca Blvd (just past the Holiday Inn Express, south of I-80), ☏ . Serves fantastic homestyle food.
- 3 Doc's Cafe, 349 W Winnemucca Blvd, ☏ . Excellent coffee and a diverse range of breakfast and lunch options.
- Model T. Has excellent food and at great prices.
- Red Lion. Has good food but a little spendy.
- China Garden. A good choice for Chinese food.
- The Griddle. For the breakfast
- 4 Winnemucca Pizzeria, 139 S Bridge St, ☏ . 11:00am-9:00pm. For pizza
There are also several Mexican restaurants in town: Las Margaritas, Chihuahua's, Dos Amigos.
- The Martin Hotel is a fun place to relax and have a few drinks. Great atmosphere!
- 1 Best Western Gold Country Inn, 921 W Winnemucca Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Best Western Holiday Motel, 670 W Winnemucca Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- [dead link] Days Inn, 511 Winnemucca Blvd, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1987 W. Winnemucca Blvd., ☏ . Free Wi-Fi
- Motel 6, 1800 W Winnemucca Blvd, ☏ .
- 2 Winnemucca/I-80 KOA, 5575 E Winnemucca Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: (reservations). RV/tent sites, cabins, and tepees. Has seasonal pool and WiFi.
There is no AT&T cell service in Winnemucca. If you need to get online, Sid's and Jack in the Box both have free (open) Wi-Fi.
- Humboldt County Chamber of Commerce, 30 West Winnemucca Blvd., Winnemucca Nv 89445 Phone:+1 775-623-2225, Fax:+1 775-623-6478
You can take US 95 North to Boise, Lewiston, and Coeur d'Alene. Interstate 80 connects Winnemucca with Reno, Sacramento, and San Francisco to the west, and Elko, Salt Lake City, and the Rocky Mountains to the east. US 95 South goes with Interstate 80 West to south of Lovelock, where it goes down to Fallon, Las Vegas, and Yuma.
|Routes through Winnemucca|
|Sacramento ← Reno ←||W E||→ Elko → Salt Lake City|
|Reno ← Lovelock ←||W E||→ Battle Mountain → Salt Lake City|
|Payette-Fruitland ← Jct ←||N S||→ Lovelock → Fallon|