Hadera (Hebrew: חדרה) is a city in the Israeli Coastal Plain, about halfway from Tel Aviv to Haifa. It is mostly known by the landmark Orot Rabin Power Plant chimneys, where 19% of Israel's electricity is generated.
Get in edit
By bus edit
- 1 Hadera's Central Bus Station (Tachana Merkazit Hadera). Located in the city.
- From Tel Aviv take bus lines 852 or 872. These lines stop at the Central Bus Station.
- From Jerusalem take bus line 942. This line terminates at the central bus station.
- From Haifa take bus line 921 from Carmel Beach CBS. This line stops at the central bus station.
Also see Bus travel in Israel.
By rail edit
- 2 Hadera Train station (Hadera west). Service from/to any other train station in Israel, including Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv, Haifa and more. The station is near Hadera forest and not inside any neighborhood, so you'll need to take a local bus to the city center or most sites of interest.
Get around edit
There are 14 local bus lines, operated by Egged.
Lines 15, 16, 18, 20, 24 are commuter lines to the train station. The regular service bus lines are 1, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 22. These lines are circular except lines 1, 13 and 22.
Line 54, operated by Kavim, is also somehow a local bus line but it has few stops at Hadera and it continues to the town of Elyakhin.
- Khan Museum of Hadera, HaGiborim 74. A museum of Hadera's history, housed in an mid-1800s Ottoman building
- 1 Hadera river park (Park Nahal Hadera). A park next to Hadera river and the power plant.
- 2 Hadera Forest.
- 3 [dead link] Orot Rabin Power Plant, ☏ . Israel's largest power plant, supplying 19% of the country's electricity. During holidays and vacations, you can arrange to visit as part of a group. Minimum age for children is 8.
- 1 Lev Hadera Mall, ☏ , fax: . Su-Tu 9:00-21:00, F 9:00-14:30, Sa 20:00-22:30. A typical shopping mall at the city center. Used to be the biggest in Hadera.
- 2 Mall Ha'Hof Village (מול החוף וילג') (Bus lines #1, #15 and #20). Su-Tu 9:00-22:00, F 9:00-14:30, Sa 20:00-22:00. The restaurants are open until late night hours except Friday nights. The biggest shopping mall in the city. An outdoor shopping mall that also contains a surfing wave pool.
These is a single hotel in Hadera.
Go next edit
- Caesarea is located north of Hadera.
|Routes through Hadera|
|Haifa ← Caesarea ←||N S||→ Netanya, Herzliya → Tel Aviv|
|Nahariyya, Akko, Haifa ←||N S||→ Netanya, Herzliya → Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion International Airport|