- 1 Netanya's train station. Connecting Netanya to Haifa and to Tel Aviv, with a car rental station nearby. It is not really in walking distance from the city center - there are buses and taxis though. (For the Poleg area in southern Netanya, the "Beit Yehoshua" train station will be more convenient than the Netanya station.)
- 2 Central Bus Station. Located downtown a 10-minute walk from the beach, is served by buses to Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, and other cities.
The tourist-friendly area downtown is small and easily walkable. Bicycles and walking are common transportation along the beach. If you need to visit another neighborhood, a bus or taxi is the best bet.
- 1 Herzl street. Pedestrian zone and city square, at the western part of the street. Has many restaurants and attractions.
- 2 Netanya Market.
- 3 Netanya Flower market.
- 4 The Well House, 17 Sokolov, ☏ . A museum telling the early history of Netanya located in a farm established in 1928, and as such one of the earliest buildings in Netanya.
- 5 Yemenite Jewish Heritage Museum (Pearl of the Tribes of Israel), 11 Independence Square.
- 6 Netanya City Museum, McDonald 3.
- 7 Shlomo Dror Art Institute.
- 8 Gallery on the Cliff.
Beaches and natureEdit
- The beach. The city is located on a cliff overlooking the beaches which stretch along the shore. There are paths down to the beach, as well as an elevator (see below) in one place.
- Netanya Promenade. A wonderful landscaped walkway on the cliff above the beach, with great views of the sea shore.
- 1 Elevator to the beach. There is an elevator down the cliff to the "Sironit" beach. The ride is free and you get a fascinating view of the sea.
- 2 "Irusim" natural reserve.
- 3 Winter pond and park, Ben gurion steet.
Nearly all hotels in Netanya are located on the cliff edge above the beach, or very close by.
- 1 Residence Hotel, ☏ (03/04). Located directly above the beach with a breathtaking view of sea and a 5-minute walk from Netanya’s main square and city centre.
- 2 Residence Beach Hotel, ☏ (03/04). A unique, luxurious and intimate hotel, perfect for businessmen, couples and small families seeking a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Located at a beautiful shoreline spot, close to the city center with easy access to the beautiful promenade and the beach.
- 3 Galil Hotel, ☏ (03/04). Set on the shore line, the Galil Hotel has spacious accommodations.
- 4 Seasons Hotel (along the north beach, 5 min walk from the city center), ☏ , . A boutique hotel overlooking the sea from an elevated cliff.
- 5 Island Suites, 10 Ben Ami Ave, ☏ .
- 6 Carmel Hotel, 2 Ben Ami Ave.
- Caesarea is located north of Netanya.
|Routes through Netanya|
|Haifa ← Hadera, Caesarea ←||N S||→ Herzliya → Tel Aviv|
|Nahariyya, Akko, Haifa ← Hadera ←||N S||→ Herzliya → Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion International Airport|