city in Richland County, North Dakota, United States
Hankinson is a small, rural town in the Red River Valley of North Dakota. It has a population of about 1,058 people.
Livestock and farming community: corn, soybeans, sunflowers, wheat, oats, barley, and potatoes.
- By car: exit 8 from I-29. About 60 miles south of Fargo.
- Harkinson Railroad Museum.
- Harkinson City Park. Tennis courts, ice skating with warming house, softball, outdoor stage, playground, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, picnic shelters, RV hookups, grills.
- Lake Elsie Park. Picnic area, swimming, sandy beach, boat dock and trailer parking, fishing and boating.
- Dakota Magic Casino, 16849 102nd St. SE (exit 1 from I-29), toll-free: +1-800-325-6825. Open year-round.
- LakeView Supper Club, 16676 94th Street SE, ☏ +1 701 242-7248.
- Hankinson Motel (Highway 11 & Main Ave), ☏ +1 701 242-7363.
- Huufda Hotel and Trail Rides, ☏ +1 701 242-9898, firstname.lastname@example.org. 3 B&B rooms and 12 stalls.
- Winsome Manor B&B, ☏ +1 701 242-0040, email@example.com. 1884 Victorian home with view of Lake Elsie.
- Lakeview Beach Campground (1 1/2 mi S of Hwy 11, 1/2 mile W of Hankinson), ☏ +1 701 242-7885. Primitive camping.
|Routes through Hankinson|
|Grand Forks ← Fargo ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Watertown → Sioux Falls|
|Jct N S ← Ellendale ←||W E||→ Becomes → Tenney → Paynesville|