city in Dickey County, North Dakota, US
Ellendale was named for Mary Ellen Dale Merrill, the wife of S.S. Merrill, who was the superintendent CMSP Railway. Ellendale became the first permanent settlement in Dickey County in 1881. It is home to Trinity Bible College
- Applefest. Annual town celebration in late September, features pie eating contests, rib cook off, and class car and bike show.
- Coleman Museum (Corner Main Street and Railroad Avenue), ☏ . Open Junethrough September, each Tuesday and Friday, 1PM to 5PM. Exhibits include furnishings from local schools; pictures, antique dishes, clothing, and furniture from local area; antique farm implements, stoves and other historic materials.
- Nellie's Drive In, 724 1st Ave N., ☏ .
- Oxenrider Motel, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Prairie Winds Motel, 53 North 5th St, ☏ .
- Westside Mobile Court & Campground, 324 1st St NW. (Highway 11 West, 8 miles from Pheasant Lake), ☏ . Open May 1 to November 1.
- Oster Park campground (north end of Ellendale), ☏ . Tent, 4 RV sites with electric hookup.
|Routes through Ellendale|
|Jamestown ← Edgeley ←||N S||→ Barrard → Aberdeen|
|Jct N S ← Ashley ←||W E||→ Hankinson → Paynesville|