Holyoke is a city in the Pioneer Valley in Massachusetts. It is a former mill city, which made a large chunk of the worlds paper. It has interesting architecture and is close to many attractions. It contains the Volleyball Hall of Fame and some of the largest former paper mills. If you visit, there are a number of things here and close by to entertain you.
Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, is the closest airport. Other nearby airports are Logan, in Boston and a few in Rhode Island. There is local bus service from Springfield (Massachusetts) and Northampton using Peter Pan bus lines.
Holyoke is served by Amtrak via it's Vermonter service between Washington, D.C., New York City and St. Albans, Vermont. There is one daily departure, with both north- and southbound trains arriving during the afternoon. 1 Holyoke station is located across the canals from downtown, at 74 Main St.
Megabus has services from New York City and Hartford. Buses stop at the centrally located 2 Holyoke Transportation Center. The regional bus operator PVTA has bus connections from Springfield.
A car is preferable if travelling longer distances. There is bus service around Holyoke and the Valley, run by PVTA. However schedules are mainly adjusted for commuters, local buses have about one departure every hour. Holyoke Transportation Center is the hub for all local buses.
- 1 Children's Museum at Holyoke, 444 Dwight St # 2, ☏ +1 413 536-5437.
- 2 Volleyball Hall of Fame, 444 Dwight St, ☏ +1 413 536-0926.
- Mt. Tom, 125 Reservation Rd, ☏ +1 413 534-1186. A great place to hike and explore. It used to host a ski slope and an amusement park. Now they are both overgrown.
- Open Square, 4 Open Square Way. An ongoing project downtown.
- 3 Wistariahurst Museum, 238 Cabot Street, ☏ +1 413-322-5660.
- Nuestras Raíces, 24 Jones Ferry Road. A farm in Holyoke where the residents work the land. A tradition of agriculture is carried on.
- 4 Paper City Brewery, 108 Cabot Street, ☏ +1 413 535-1588. Holyokes own micro-brew, running since 1980. Open house on Thursday and Friday evenings where it's possible to view the facilities.
- 5 [formerly dead link] The Canal Gallery, 380 Dwight St, ☏ +1 413 532-4141.
- Wire Monkey Dance, ☏ +1 413 587-0077.
- [dead link] Holyoke St. Patrick's Parade, ☏ +1 413 533-1700. The second largest St Patrick's Day Parade in the country!
- Holyoke Merry Go Round, 221 Appleton St, ☏ +1 413 538-9838. This was saved from the old Mountain Park on Mt. Tom.
- [formerly dead link] Holyoke Sox. MacKenzie Stadium.
- The Holyoke Mall, ☏ +1 413 536-1441. One of the largest malls in New England. Mall Hours: Monday - Saturday 10am - 9:30pm
- Delaney House, 3 Country Club Rd, ☏ +1 413 532-1800. Fine dining.
- 1 El Rincon Boricua, 216 Lyman St, ☏ +1 413-534-1011. A popular Puertorican establishment.
- 2 Mel's Restaurant, 490 Pleasant St, ☏ +1 413 532-1477.
- 3 Nick's Nest, 1597 Northampton St, ☏ +1 413 532-5229. The hot dogs get rave reviews.
- 4 Strum's Deli & Meats, 502 Westfield Rd, ☏ +1 413-532-8020. Sandwiches available for take out.
- 5 TNT Pizza Sports Bar & Grill, 548 South St, ☏ +1 413 536-1100. Delivery available.
- Pic's Pizza, 910 Hamden St, ☏ +1 413 535-2050.
- Holiday Inn, 245 Whiting Farms Rd, ☏ +1 413 534-3311.
- Super 8, 1515 Northampton Street, ☏ +1 413 536-1980.
- 1 Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North (Homewood Suites), 375 Whitney Avenue, ☏ +1 413-532-3100. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. The Homewood Suites by Hilton Holyoke/Springfield North is located just north of Springfield, Massachusetts, off I-91, with convenient access to the Massachusetts turnpike and local attractions and restaurants. Also, near The Big E and all the fun it brings! Hotel features full kitchens, suites, complimentary breakfast, dinner and drinks (Monday - Thursday), fitness center, whirlpool, indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and outdoor patio with barbecues.
- 6 Flags, 1623 Main Street, +1 413 786-9300, . Very close to Holyoke. They have a waterpark.
- The Big E , 1305 Memorial Avenue (Rte. 147), West Springfield, +1 413 737-2443  [formerly dead link].
- Northampton. A neat place to visit while you're in town.
- The Basketball Hall of Fame, West Columbus Av., Springfield, +1-877-446-6752, . M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 10AM-5PM. Along the Connecticut River, in a stunning (and quirky) steel structure. Adults $17, Seniors $14, Ages 5-5 $12.
|Routes through Holyoke|
|St. Albans ← Northampton ←||N S||→ Springfield → New Haven|
|Greenfield ← Northampton ←||N S||→ West Springfield → Springfield|
|Concord ← South Hadley ←||N S||→ Westfield → Torrington|
|Deerfield ← South Hadley ←||N S||→ Chicopee → Springfield|
|END ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Chicopee → Springfield|