Horehronie is a region in Central Slovakia, located around the upper part of the Hron river.
- 1 Čierny Hron Railway. A set of three railways starting from the same station, operated by small relic trains - diesel and steam ones. They go pretty slowly, probably because the rails are all crooked - on the other hand, it provides a nice shaky ride for the kids. The trains depart approx. once per hour. The "Vydrovo" track also offers a few kilometers long footpaths for kids, with various attractions (wild pigs, small village model, old vehicles, kind-of-arboretum and more).
- 2 Špania dolina (Špania valley). A picturesque historic village and a popular tourist recreation center.
- 3 Hronsek. A village with wooden church from 1726. Also a not-too-maintained castle can be seen from the outside.
- 4 Harmanecká Cave, Dolný Harmenec 976 03. The cave ranks among the most important caves in Slovakia by remarkable origin of cave spaces, mighty breakdown domes and number of wintering bats.
- 1 Brusno spa.
- 2 Kováčová thermal water spa.
- 3 Sliač thermal water spa.
- Plenty of hiking and skiing can be done in the surrounding mountain ranges: