Leighton Buzzard is probably best known for the Grand Union Canal and the Great Train Robbery (1963) which took place just outside the town.
- The town lies 5 miles from the A5 main London to Holyhead main road.
- The town is bypassed by the A4146 Milton Keynes to Hemel Hempstead main road.
- The A418 connects the town to Aylesbury
- 1 Railway Station, Station Approach, Leighton Buzzard LU7 2LY. On the West Coast Main Line, trains run into London Euston station and Bletchley & Milton Keynes. Station managed and services operated by London Midland
Luton Airport is 18 miles (29 km) E of the town.
The town is small enough to see on foot, though there are town bus services provided by Arriva.
- 1 Ascott Jacobean House, Wing, LU7 0PR (2 miles SW of Leighton Buzzard), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Leighton Buzzard Brewing Company (Craft Beer Brewery), Unit 23 Harmill Industrial Estate, Grovebury Rd, Leighton Buzzard LU7 4FF, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Runs several open days throughout the year.
- 3 Ascott House, Wing LU7 0PR (½ mile E of Wing, 2 miles SW of Leighton Buzzard, on S side of A418), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Free parking (200 yds).
- 1 Mead Open Farm, Stanbridge Rd, Billington LU7 9JH, ☏ . Daily 10AM-6PM, last entry 5PM. Great for a family day out whether its rain or shine! There are plenty of animals to see from goats, sheep, cows, pigs, ducks and horses, both inside and outside. You can also watch a sheepdog demonstration, play crazy golf, race round on go-karts or head to Shaggy's PlayWorld for a snack and tumble around the child-friendly activities. Or why not cuddle rabbits and guinea pigs, bottle-feed lambs, groom horses or go on a tractor ride at pre-arranged times. It really is a brilliant and varied day out for all the family.
- 2 BuzzRail (Narrow Gauge Railway), Page's Park Station, Billington Rd, Leighton Buzzard LU7 4TG, ☏ . A 3 mile (5km), former industrial railway , that was laid in 1919 to transport sand; today it is run as a heritage line offering 85 minute round trips for visitors.
- 3 Rushmere Country Park (400 acres of woodland), Herons' View Visitor Centre, Linslade Rd, Heath and Reach LU7 0EB (2 miles N of town). Play area, sculpture trail, cafe, toilets, dogs allowed £3/day.
- 4 Fly-A-Flight (Flight Simulator Experience), 49 Danes Way, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 3NH, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. £45/half hr to £600/10 hr.
- 5 Leighton Linslade Chidren's Trail, ☏ . A public trail of 22 artworks celebrating children’s stories. More details Trail Detailed Description
- 1 Leighton Buzzard Brewing Company (Craft Beer Brewery), Unit 23 Harmill Industrial Estate, Grovebury Rd, Leighton Buzzard LU7 4FF, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Shop: Sa 10AM-2PM.
- 2 Leighton Buzzard Market, High St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1DN. Charter Market: Tu & Sa; Farmers Market: 3rd Sa of month; Craft Market: 4th Sa of month.
- 3 Morrissons (Supermarket), Lake St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1WS, ☏ . M-Sa 7AM-11PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Petrol station & cafe (different hours)
- 4 Waitrose (Supermarket), 9 Waterborne Walk, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1DH, ☏ . M-F 8AM-9PM, Sa 8AM-8PM, Su 10AM-4PM.
- 5 Morrissons (Supermarket), Lake St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1WS, ☏ . M-Sa 7AM-11PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Petrol station & Cafe (different hours). ATMs
- 1 Sorelli Cafe (Cafe & Restaurant), 1 High St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1DN, ☏ . M Tu 9AM-4PM, W-Sa 9AM-4PM & 7PM-late, Su 10AM-noon & 12:30-2:30PM. Free Wi-Fi
- 2 The Oliver & Hare, 2 Hockliffe St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1HJ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 3 The Raj (Indian Restaurant), 5 Old Rd, Linslade LU7 2RB (1 mile from Leighton Buzzard), ☏ . M-Th 6-11:30PM, F Sa 6PM-midnight, Su 12:30-2:30PM & 6-11:30PM.
- 4 The Lime Tree (Indan Restaurant), 60 North St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1EN, ☏ . M-Sa 5:30-11:30PM, Su noon-3PM & 6-11PM.
- 5 Mama Rosas (Italian Restaurant), 3 North St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1EF, ☏ . Tu-F noon-2:30PM & 6:30-10PM, Sa noon-2PM & 6:30-10PM, Su noon-3PM.
- 1 The Bald Buzzard Ale House (Micropub), 6 Hockliffe St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1HJ, ☏ (mobile). Tu-Th noon-9PM, F Sa noon-10PM.
- 2 [dead link] The Cranky Weasel (Pub & Food), 10a Market Sq, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1EY, ☏ .
- 3 The Black Lion (Pub), 20 High St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1EA, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th noon-11PM, F Sa noon-1AM, Su 12:30-10:30PM.
- 4 The Golden Bell (Pub & Food), 5 Church Sq, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1AE, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Pub: M-Th 10AM-11PM, F Sa 10AM-midnight, Su 11AM-11PM.
- 5 The Picture House (Pub & Food), 8 Lake St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1RT, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-11PM, F Sa 10AM-1AM, Su 10AM-11PM.
- 1 The Dukes (Hotel, Pub & Restaurant), 7-9 Leighton Rd Heath and Reach LU7 0AA (1½ miles N of Leighton Buzzard), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 The Swan (Hotel), 50 High St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1EA, ☏ . Wi-Fi
- 3 The Hunt Lodge (B&B), 19 Church Rd, Linslade LU7 2LR (1 mile W of Leighton Buzzard), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: noon-9:30PM, check-out: by 10AM. from £44/person.
- 4 The White Horse (B&B), 9 New Rod, Linslade LU7 2LS, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Single £45; double £60; family £75.
- 1 Post Office, 7 - 9 Church Sq, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1AA. M 9AM-5:30PM, Tu 9:30AM-5:30PM, W-F 9AM-5:30PM, Sa 9AM-4PM.
|Routes through Leighton Buzzard|
|Milton Keynes ← Woburn ←||NW SE||→ Luton and|