city of the Philippines and capital of the province of Southern Leyte
One of its claims to fame is that the current (since 2016) popular but controversial President of the Philippines, Rodriguo Duterte, was born there. His family have long been important in local politics.
- Maasin to Cebu City by Cokaliong Shipping lines.
- There is also a ferry from Maasin to/from Ubay on Bohol Island.
- there is now a Weesam Express fast ferry to/from maasin to Cebu City.
By bus & minivanEdit
- Busay Falls
- Guinsohotan Falls
- Maasin Cathedral
- Monte Cueva Shrine
- Bogo Bird Paradise
- GV Hotel, T Opus Street. (the Maasin port is beside the GV hotel), ☏ . 43 single and double rooms each with an electric fan or air conditioning, en suite and cable TV. from ₱475.
- Ampil pensionne, tomas oppus street, ☏ . Fan single, fan double, a/c double. ₱150/₱300/₱450..
- Southern Comfort Pensionne., Demetrio Street, ☏ . Air-conditioned single and double rooms of different sizes all with own bathrooms and cable TV. ₱500/₱700.
- DW Pensione, Barangay Abgao, ☏ . Large fan room with balcony. From ₱350.