municipality of the Philippines in the province of Southern Leyte
By bus or minivanEdit
- 1 Agas-Agas Bridge and Adventure Park. The main attraction of the town is the country’s tallest viaduct. The Agas-Agas Bridge zipline or what they call "Zipline Leyte" is a twin zip line and one of the longest in the country gliding diagonally above the bridge and the riverine below it.
- Cainting Cave and Falls (in the northern mountainous area of the town). This site, which forms part of the lush Sogod Rainforest served as meeting point of 3 rivers which offers a scenic junction of a natural pool. The presence of leeches locally known as “limatok” thrive on its waters. The area can be reached after a 5-km walk from the road in barangay Pancho Villa to the barrio of San Francisco Mabuhay. Pancho Villa is a 20-minute habal-habal ride from Doctor Gonzalo Yong Bus Terminal in the poblacion. It is also accessible via a feeder road in barangay Kahupian which connects it from the sitios of Lubong Sapa, Silao Bato, Kabernal and Hagna. The latter, which is the farthest of the sitios and under the territorial jurisdiction of barangay San Francisco Mabuhay, is the location of the cave and falls.
- Magsuhot Park (in the barangay of Maria Plana). The 500-hectare forested Magsuhot National Park is 3 km from barangay Mahayahay. It has four 20-meter high waterfalls falling into a common basin.
- Metro Bank, Rizal Street. 24-hour ATM. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Gaisano Capital Mall, Bagares Street. 9AM-8PM. Has a Gaisano supermarket.
- G V Hotel, L Regis Street. Check-out: noon. Fan/a.c. single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. From ₱525.
|Routes through Sogod|
|Tacloban ← Mahaplag ←||N S||→ Libagon → Liloan → → Surigao|
|END ←||N S||→ Bontoc → Maasin|