city of the Philippines in the province of Leyte
Ormoc is a city on the west side of Leyte Island, in Leyte Province.
Many people bound for Leyte Province fly to Tacloban, but one can also fly to Ormoc and most people coming by ferry land in Ormoc.
- There are fast Hydrofoil ferries. to/from Cebu in (2 .5 hours).
- 2GO SuperCat
- Or there are large slower RoRo ferries. to/from Cebu in (4.5 hours up too 6 hours)
- Lite Shipping lines Departs Ormoc Daily at 10pm. and Departs Cebu City at 11am. fares from P430. there is also a Lite shipping lines ferry from Ormoc to Ouano Port in Mandaue Cebu Departs Ormoc Daily at 8am. departs Ouano port Mandaue to Ormoc at 11pm. fare from only P300.
- Roble Shipping lines departs Cebu City at 10pm. departs Ormoc at 11am. fare is from P430
- Lake Danao. In the mountainous part of northern Ormoc. Ideal for family get-aways, fishing, picnics and sight seeing. The place has a natural ambience with floating cottages and boat rentals for those interested in boating and getting around the lake.
- Metro Bank, Real Street. 24-hour ATM. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- PNB bank, Bonifacio Street. 24 hour atm. visa card atm.
Malls & supermarketsEdit
- Gaisano Department Store, Lopez Jaena Street. 8AM-8PM. Has a Gaisano supermarket.
- Robinsons Supermarket, Avirles Street. 8AM-9PM.
- Gaisano Riverside Mall, War Veterans Avenue. 8AM-9PM. Has a Gaisano supermarket.
- SM Center, Real Street. 8AM-9PM. Has a SM Savemore supermarket.
- Robinsons Place Ormoc, Kananga-Ormoc City Road, Barangay Cogon. 8AM-9PM. large mall with many stores
- City Mall (near the downtown Ormoc). 8am-9pm. many stores and a food court and a savemore supermarket
- Chitos Chow Restaurant, Ormoc Plaza. The restaurant serves Filipino dishes and seafood.
- Jollibee Ormoc, Aviles St.. The country's best-known fast food chain, specializing in burgers.
- Chowking, Ormoc Centrum Mall. A fast food chain serving Chinese cuisine
- Pardis Grill, Ormoc Villa Hotel. A restaurant that serves filipino and grilled foods. Ideal for family dining.
- Ormoc Barbecue Park, Ormoc Plaza. At the bay area, the place is festive at night and offers pork,chicken and hotdog barbecue at affordable prices. They serve soft drinks and beer as beverage.
- Ice Cream House, Bonifacio St.. A refreshment parlor that offers snacks, ice cream recipes and cakes.
- Ikea, Bonifacio St.. Refreshment parlor that serves snacks and is famous for their cake products and halo-halo.
- Mayongs Snack Haus, Rizal St.. An affordable snack bar at the shopping district in Ormoc City. Beside the establishment is Quality Bakeshop that sells bread and cakes
- Sals Bar and Restaurant, Hermosilla Drive. Filipino restaurant ala carte style but has a "sutukil" method in which the customer points to an array of raw seafoods, meat and vegetables and suggest the cook to have his meat either "sinugba" style (grilled), "tuwa" boiled or "kilaw" to eat raw by marinating in vinegar and coconut milk.
- Gil's Grill, Larrazabal Blvd.. Grilled fare and seafood. They are known for their Su-tu-kil or Sugba, Tuwa and Kinilaw.
- Bebida`s Coffeeshop, Ormoc Centrum Mall.
- Bistado Karaoke Bar. Karaoke bar in private rooms ideal for family and barkada gatherings at an hourly rate. They serve beer and wine at the bar. They also have a comedy bar every Thursday night.
- GV Hotel, Real cor Solidad streets, ☏ . Check-out: noon. A/C single and double rooms all with own bathrooms and cable TV. 31 rooms. single ₱575. double ₱750.
- Buenas Pension Plaza, Lopez Jaena Strret, ☏ . Check-out: noon. A/C single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱400/₱500.
- Zenaidas Chateau Tourist Inn, Navarro Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. A/C single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. from ₱500.
- Pongos Hotel, Bonifacio Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. a/c single/double rooms, Hot water, cable tv, free wifi.
- Don Felipe Hotel, Bonifacio Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. a/c single/double rooms, Hot water, cable tv, free wifi.
- Peachtree Lodge, Real Street, ☏ . a/c double room, cable tv, free wifi 700.
- Niko's Ark Voyager's Inn, Real Street, ☏ . Check-out: 12 noon. a/c double rooms, own bathroom, cable tv. free wifi. from 600.
- Oriental Pension Plaza, Rizal Street, ☏ . Check-out: 11am. a/c double, own bathroom' cable tv, free wifi. from 700.
- Casa De Ormoc Pension House, San Pablo Street, ☏ . Check-out: 12 noon. a/c single/double rooms, own bathroom, cable tv, free wifi. from 600.
- Ormoc Friendly Inn, Lopez Jaena Street, ☏ . Check-out: 12 noon. fan double rooms. own bathroom. free wifi, from 400.
- J B Garden Pensione Plaza, Barangay Conepcion Street, ☏ . Check-out: 12 noon. fan single room outside bathroom from 200.