county seat of Delaware County, Indiana, United States
Muncie is a city in the east of Central Indiana.
- Muncie Indiana Transit System (MITS), ☏ . Bus Service
MITS provides traditional fixed route bus transportation within the Muncie city limits. Fourteen routes provide service to most shopping, medical, employment, residential, recreational, and governmental locations. Buses operate Monday through Saturday on all but six holidays.
To accommodate the needs of those in the community who are unable to use MITS traditional fixed route bus service because of a disability, MITS provides door-to-door service called MITSPlus. MITSPlus picks up people at their doors and delivers them to the door of their destinations. An advance reservation is required and customers must be certified as needing the service. MITSPlus provides service Monday through Friday, from 6AM until 9PM, and Saturday, from 7:45AM to 6:15PM
- 1 Christy Woods (southwest corner of the Ball State University campus). Arboretum and botanical garden, including the Wheeler Orchid Collection and Species Bank, which hosts over 1,200 plants
- 2 [dead link] Downtown Muncie (Downtown Muncie), Walnut Street. Downtown Muncie is an arts and culture district in the heart of the city. The charm of Muncie's historic downtown is in our unique places to shop like F.B. Fogg and Cassella's Kitchen, locally favorite restaurants like Vera Mae's Bistro and White River Landing, six art galleries and four museums. From popular events like Rib Fest and Muncie Gras, to the Free Friday Night Movies for kids in the summer, there is something for everyone in Downtown Muncie, Indiana!
- 3 David Owsley Museum of Art (Ball State University Museum of Art).
- 4 [dead link] Cincinnati, Richmond & Muncie Depot, 700 E. Wysor St. Restored train station. On display inside are photos and artifacts from the region's railroad history as well as photographs of the surrounding communities.
- 5 Muncie Children's Museum.
- 6 Minnetrista.
- Cardinal Greenway. The longest rails-to-trails project in Indiana.
- 1 Academy of Model Aeronautics. Model Airplane Museum,World Championship Model Airplanes
- 2 Ball State University Observatory. Hosts public observation events.
- Best Western Muncie, 3011 W Bethel Avenue, ☏ , fax: .
- 1 Comfort Inn & Suites, 3400 N. Marleon Dr (Left @ IHOP, Left @ First stop sign; hotel is on left), ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Opened August 1, 2008. 100% Non-smoking, indoor pool, fitness center, microfridges in all rooms, free Internet 87.95.
- Fairfield Inn Muncie, ☏ , fax: . 4011 W Bethel.
- 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 4201 W Bethel Pike, ☏ .
- 3 Courtyard by Mariott, 601 S High St (Downtown), ☏ . Includes complementary Wi-Fi. $125.
|Routes through Muncie|
|Fort Wayne ← Marion ←||N S||→ Anderson → Indianapolis|
|Kokomo ← Greentown ←||N S||→ Richmond → Dayton|