city in Florida, United States of America
Palm Bay is the largest city in Brevard County, and the core of the Palm Bay Metropolitan Area.
Palm Bay has plenty of points of interest north of Malabar Road. However, areas south of Malabar Road contain very little to do.
- Castaway Point Park, 2990 Bay Blvd NE, ☏ . Dawn to dusk. A beautiful place to watch the sunrise or go kayaking. Free.
- Bass Pro Shops (Bass Pro), 750 Bass Pro Drive NE (From Exit 176, turn east on Palm Bay Road, then south. On right.), ☏ . 9AM-9PM Monday-Saturday 10AM-7PM Sunday. Store known for its large, wilderness-themed stores & wide array of hunting, fishing & outdoor gear.
- The Broken Barrel Tavern (Broken Barrel Tavern), Palm Bay Center, 4700 S Babcock St (From I-95 take exits 173 or 176. Just south of Palm Bay Road), ☏ . 11AM-12AM Sunday-Thursday 11AM-2AM Friday-Saturday. Unfussy tavern offering home-style BBQ (including meats smoked on-site) and a vast beer selection.
- [formerly dead link] Tropical Inn Resort, 4700 Route US-1, toll-free: . Located next to the river, this newly renovated hotel contains approx. 100 rooms and several amenities including free WiFi, cable, free breakfast, fitness center, pool and laundry. Prices include 2 dinners each night. $55/night, $245/week, $795/month.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Palm Bay, 1206 Malabar Rd SE (From I-95, Just go east and turn right just past the Sunoco), ☏ . A typical Holiday Inn Express with free breakfast and a pool. 4 stars. $$.
- Melbourne - a nearby neighboring and more developed city, just north of Palm Bay.
|Routes through Palm Bay|
|Daytona Beach ← Melbourne ←||N S||→ Sebastian → West Palm Beach|
|Daytona Beach ← Melbourne ←||N S||→ Malabar → West Palm Beach|