municipality of Brazil
The city is served by the international airport in Curitiba, 120 km away.
- [dead link] Terminal Rodoviário Intermunicipal, Av. Visc. de Taunay - Centro, ☏ .
Tchê The most important bus line tô Curitiba is by princesa dos campos
- Archeology Museum (Museu de Arqueologia), R. José Joaquim de Maia, 154 - Oficinas, ☏ .
- Campos Gerais Museum (Museu Campos Gerais), R. Eng. Schamber, 686, ☏ . Natural science and regional history museum. It also features a collection of items related to Brazilian participation in WWII.
- Cineteatro Ópera, Rua XV de novembro 468 (intersection with Augusto Riba), ☏ . Art deco-style theater built in the 1950s, with regular presentations of theatrical and musical productions.
- Epoch Museum (Museu Época), Praça Roosevelt, 56 – Centro. Mo-Fr 8:30AM-11:30AM, 1:30PM-5:30PM; Sa 8:30AM-noon. Housed in a manor built in 1880, this museum contains various historical objects, including a collection of old coins, swords used in the Paraguayan War, radios, weapons, and old photos. Free.
- Alagados Reservoir (20km from the city center). Popular lake formed by a dam on the Pitangui built in the 40s. Good for fishing, swimming, and wind-surfing.
- Buraco do Padre, Itaiacoca (26km from the city center). Considered one of the most beautiful sights in the region, this cavern once served as a refuge for the Jesuits. Inside the cave is a waterfall formed by the Quebra Perna River. To reach the location, it is necessary to walk about 1km on the trail from the parking area.
- Mariquinha Waterfall (Cachoeira da Mariquinha). At the end of a 30-min. walk through the rural neighborhood of Itaiacoca.
- Rio São Jorge Canyon (Cânion do Rio São Jorge) (15 km from town on a dirt road), ☏ . The languid São Jorge rivers passes over bare rock, forming waterfalls. Legend says the Jesuit missionaries buried a treasure in the area, as they inhabited the Pitangui Farm, where the 300-year-old Santa Bárbara Chapel can be seen. Restaurant and simple bathroom facilities on site. Camping available.
- Vila Velha State Park (Parque Estadual de Vila Velha), BR-376, km 515, ☏ . 8MA-6PM. 3122-hectare park with a range of sandstone formations reminiscent of medieval ruins, towers, castles, and various animals, sure to spark visitors' imaginations. R$10-25 depending on which areas of the park you want to enter.
- Lagoa Dourada. Pond of crystal-clear water and a perimeter of 690m in peaceful surroundings.
- A Taça (the Wine Glass). Unique sandstone formation that is the symbol of the park.
- Recanto Botuquara (follow Av. Carlos Cavalcanti away from town for about 17km and turn right at the sign), ☏ . A recreation in one of the prettiest areas of town, with natural swimming pools, a water tobaggan, lake for fishing and pedalboats, trails in the native woods, as well as camping. Snack bar, barbecue pits, and parking available.
- National Dark Beer Festival (Münchenfest). November-December. The largest festival in the state, drawing around 100,000 visitors annually for 10 days of national and international musical acts, German bands, food court and rides, and loads of draft beer.
- Shopping Palladium, Rua Ermelino Leão, 703 - Olarias, ☏ . Mo-Sa 10AM-10PM, Su 11AM-10PM. Largest shopping center in the region, with around 230 stores, four movie screens, bowling alley, and a food court.
- Shopping Total, R. República de São Salvador, 678 - Nova Rússia, ☏ .
- [dead link] Churrascaria Papai Cogo, Rua Souza Naves, 2578, ☏ .
- Massalândia, Rua Dr Colares, 174, ☏ . Pasta dishes.
- Pizzaria Forno de Pedra, R. Leocádio Correia, 89, ☏ .
- Restaurante e Pizzaria Bombocado, Av. Visconde de Mauá, 2025, ☏ .
- Restaurante Pato Branco, Av. Souza Naves, 3263, toll-free: .