Pontal do Paraná is a small town in Coastal Paraná.
Of Paraná's 50 kilometers of beaches, 23 of them belong to the town of Pontal do Paraná. They comprise the town's main reason for existence from December to March, when beach tourists come from all over the country. The remainder of the year, the locals get by on fishing and craft production.
- Guaraguaçu Ecotourism Highway (starting at km. 14 for highway PR-407). An old connection between downtown and Pontal do Sul, it now has 12 km of rustic bridges, scenic Atlantic Forest, and even intact prehistoric shellmounds.
- Guaraguaçu River.
- Marine Studies Center (Centro de Estudo Marinhos), Pontal do Sul. Run by the Federal University of Paraná, this environmental education center offers activities, videos and exhibitions about marine life as well as local flora, fauna, and geology.
Pontal do Paraná has 48 balneários (beaches with amenities). The most popular, from south to north, are:
- Praia de Leste. The central beach of the town.
- Porto Fino.
- Ipanema. Ipanema is a central town with many banks and stores.
- Praia de Barrancos.
- Vila Nova (2m). Small village nice beach, clean water.
- Pontal do Sul. Quiet beach at the north end, with access to Ilha do Mel.
- Festa da Tainha.
- Shrimp Festival (Festa do Camarão).
- Cumbuco, Av Beira-mar, 777 - Jardim Marines, ☏ .
- Mitoca Júnior, Rua Iolanda Pinheiro - Pontal Sul, ☏ .
- Restaurante do Mineirinho, Av Beira-mar 95 - Jardim Marines, ☏ .
- Pousada do Bosque, Rua Laudino Ivo Vigo, 190 - Praia de Leste (at Rua Paraná), ☏ .