town in Arizona, United States
It is in Maricopa County and had a population of about 26,000 as of 2010.
Queen Creek is along State Highways 87 and 587 and Interstate 10.
- 1 Queen Creek Library. The newest branch of the Maricopa County Library District that opened November 8, 2008.
- 2 Queen Creek Olive Mill. A family-owned company that grows and presses olives for the production of high-quality extra virgin. It was featured on the Food Network show The Best Thing I Ever Ate.
- Rittenhouse Elementary School (San Tan Historical Society Museum).
- American Heritage Festival. Since 2003, the largest annual educational living history event in Arizona and the Southwestern US.
- 1 Barney Family Sports Complex. A privately-owned and -operated indoor sports facility.
- Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre. A large, publicly-owned and -operated equestrian facility that hosts regional events.
- Queen Creek Performing Arts Center, 22149 E Ocotillo Rd (inside the Queen Creek High School), ☏ . There are many upcoming good shows there, and the food, shows, and seating are all quite good. It is small but very well-kept.
- 2 Schnepf Farms. A family operated farm that holds frequent festivals.
- 1 Queen Creek Marketplace, 21398 S Ellsworth Loop, ☏ . This shopping mall includes grooming services, casual dining, and large theaters. There is a large selection of restaurants, and the theater has all the latest movies. In the theater, you are also allowed to pick your seats. The marketplace also has a large selection of popular clothing establishments.
- Sushi Creek, 21805 S Ellsworth Rd #103, ☏ . This sushi restaurant serves takeout and dine-ins but not delivery. It is smallish, but has good food and very nice service. This restaurant is also quite beautiful.
- MOD Pizza, 21295 S Ellsworth Loop #101 (near the Queen Creek Marketplace), ☏ . Pizzeria. Dine-in, takeout, and delivery. The atmosphere is very nice. The waiters are courteous and arrive on time. The food portions are filling, and the food itself is amazingly delicious.
- Golden Harvest, 21805 S Ellsworth Rd # 112 (near the Queen Creek Marketplace), ☏ . Long-standing Chinese restaurant. Takeout-only. Filling, delicious food with good portions and good service.
- Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, 8333 E Sunrise Sky Dr, Gold Canyon (in Gold Canyon along the Superstition Freeway (U.S. Route 60)), ☏ . The rooms and their bathrooms are clean. The hotel is air-conditioned, handicap-accessible, and also includes paid WiFi, free breakfast and parking, and an outdoor pool. There are also a few other hotels nearby. $89.