official tourism region of Oklahoma
Red Carpet Country is a region in northwestern Oklahoma and includes the panhandle.
- Black Mesa State Park County Road 325, 28 miles northwest of Boise City. The park got its name from the black lava rock that covered the area 30 million years ago. Hike the petrified forest trail and walk in fossil footprints of dinosaurs.
- Great Salt Plains State Park.
- Glass Mountains State Park.
- Little Sahara State Park.
- Alabaster Caverns State Park.
- Boiling Springs State Park.
- Roman Nose State Park.
- Beaver Dunes State Park.
- Historic Fort Supply.
- Pioneer Museum, Woodward.
- Cherokee Strip Museum, Alva.
- Sodhouse Museum.
- NW State University Museum of Natural History, Alva.
- Black Mesa, the highest point in the state of Oklahoma at just short of 5000', is in Black Mesa State Park, and is accessible by an easy, scenic trail.
- The Cimarron Bypass of the Santa Fe Trail passes through this region. Trail ruts and artifacts are visible in a few places (e.g. near Boise City).
- Rent a dune buggy or explore the natural sand dunes at Little Sahara State Park or Beaver Dunes State Park.
- Tour the World's only Gypsum Cave that is open to the public at Alabaster Caverns State Park.