The District of Cachar is located in the southernmost part of Assam is one of the oldest district of Assam. It is bounded on the north by the Barali and Jayantia hill ranges, on the south by the State Mizoram, on the east by sister district Hailakandi and Karimganj. The district was created in 1830 after annexation of Kachari Kingdom by British. In 1854, North Cachar was annexed and tagged to the district. In 1951 erstwhile North Cachar Sub-Division was made a separate district and taken out of Cachar. In 1983 erstwhile Karimganj Sub-Division and in 1989, Hailakandi Sub-Division was made a separate district.
Silchar is well connected by rest of the country by rail, road and air.
- Bhuban Hills.
- Khaspur. The Capital of Old Cachari Kingdom. Beautiful place with the ruins of the fort used by the Cachari Kings.
- Silchar (Polytechnic).
- Tea Gardens, Central Univ. ((20 Km), NIT , Medical College, Airport, Central Road Market Area etc.).
- Abhahan, Premtola. Book Stall
- Ellora Market, Near Ellora Hotel. Foreign Goods
- Vishal Mega Mart, Central Road.
- Borail View Hotel, Park Road (Near Red Cross Society).
- Hasty Tasty, Club Road. Serves good vegetarian food.
- Nahaz, U K D Sarani (Near Women's College), ☏ . 1PM to 9.30 PM. Specializes in Thai and Chinese fast Food, The most happening place in Silchar
- Riya Palace, Opp Gandhi Bagh (Opp Gandhi Bagh).
| name=Shahi | url= | email= | address=Imperial Mall, Club Road| lat= | long= | directions=Near Ellora Super Market | phone= | tollfree= | fax= | hours= | price= | content=
- Hotel Borail View and Riya Palace, Park Road.