town and civil parish in Devon, United Kingdom
Follow the A38 taking the Dart Bridge Exit for Buckhurst Abbey.
- 1 Buckfast Abbey. Buckfast Abbey forms part of an active Benedictine monastery at Buckfastleigh, Devon, England. Dedicated to Saint Mary, it was founded in 1018 and run by the Cistercian order from 1147 until it was destroyed under the Dissolution of the Monasteries. In 1882 monks began living there again, and today it is a Benedictine foundation.
- 2 Valiant Soldier, 79 Fore St, TQ11 0BS, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W-Sa 11:30-4PM. A pub that became a museum.
- 1 Riverford Field Kitchen, Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 0LD (Coming from Exeter or Plymouth: Come off the A38 at Buckfastleigh and take the A384 for Totnes. The Dartbridge Inn is on your left. Take the third exit on the left (after approximately 1.5 miles). In advance look for a black lorry sign, which says 'Riverford Organics'. The junction itself, which comes soon after a sharp left hand bend, is marked Landscove and Woolston Green. Turn left and continue along this road for approximately half a mile. You will pass two cottages on your left and then an entrance to a green lane. Take the next turning left down the concrete drive to the farm car park on the right.), ☏ . The Field Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant, where you enjoy freshly-picked organic produce. To complete the connection between the field and the plate, you can have a guided farm tour, giving a chance to see how and where the vegetables grow. They also offer a self-guided walk so you can wander around at your own pace. Lunch & guided tour adults/children £19.95/10.50, lunch £15.95/7.95, supper £18.50/9.75, guided farm tours £5/£4, lunch (2 courses) £17.50/8.75, supper (3 courses) £22.50/11.25.
- 1 Abbey Inn, 30 Buckfast Road, TQ11 OEA (Follow signs for Buckfast Abbey from A38 Devon Expressway), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2-11PM, check-out: 10AM. Riverside inn with 9 rooms. Canoeing and fishing offered as activities. Free wifi. Single room £75/night; double and twin rooms £75-82/night.
- Dartbridge Inn (Old English Inns), Totnes Road, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 0JR (Just off the A38 Devon Expressway), ☏ , ✉ Dartbridge.Buckfastleigh@greeneking.co.uk. Check-in: Until midnight. 7 double and 3 twin rooms in a characterful Devonshire inn. Dogs welcome. From £65/night.
- 2 Furzeleigh Mill, Dartbridge, Old Ashburton Road, TQ11 0JP, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 16th-century corn mill, now a 14-bedroom, 3-star hotel. £59-99/night.
- 3 Kilbury Manor, Colston Rd, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0LN, ☏ . Charming B&B in 17th-century farmstead. No children under 9 or dogs. B&B double £80.
- 4 Northgate House Hotel, Buckfast Abbey, TQ11 0EJ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 4:30PM-midnight, check-out: 10:30AM. £55-103 double room.
- East to Totnes, Torquay and Paignton
- West to Princetown and Tavistock
- North on to Dartmoor and the villages of Buckland-in-the-Moor and Widecombe in the Moor
- Northeast to Newton Abbot
|Routes through Buckfastleigh|
|Plymouth ← Ivybridge ←||SW NE||→ Ashburton → Exeter|