St. Joe is at the intersection of I-29 and US 36, 30 mins north of KCI Airport in Kansas City. I-229 forms a loop that goes to Downtown. US 59, US 71, US 169, and Missouri Route 6 also run through town.
- 1 Jesse James Home, 1202 Penn St, ☏ . Adults $4, Seniors $3, Students $2, Kids 5 and under free.
- 2 Pony Express National Museum, 914 Penn St, ☏ .
- 3 Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, 2818 Frederick Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com.
- 4 Glore Psychiatric Museum.
- 5 Patee House. Operates as a museum.
- 6 Robidoux Row. Local History museum.
For various reasons, the food scene in St. Joseph is fairly generic. Plenty of well-established and well-known chain restaurants and fast food joints can be easily found in almost any area of the city, excluding the downtown area.
Foodies visiting the St. Joseph area should definitely make time for the Bad Art Bistro. Excellent, freshly-prepared food and formal but not stuffy service make this a popular date restaurant, and the quality of the food matches the best found in Kansas City. The Bistro's located at 707 Edmund in the downtown area, and entrees range from $15-$25, or slightly higher for nightly specials (often high-quality fish dishes).
Ramada Inn St. Joseph 4016 Frederick Ave. Tel: (816) 233-6001. [dead link]
|Routes through St. Joseph|
|Omaha via ← Council Bluffs ←||N S||→ Kansas City → END|
|Denver ← Strasburg ←||W E||→ Cameron → Hannibal|
|Atlantic ← Maryville ←||N S||→ Kansas City → Joplin|
|Fort Dodge ← Winterset ←||N S||→ Kansas City → Tulsa|