Steubenville, The City of Murals, is a city in Southeast Ohio, it is the county seat of Jefferson County.
The Steubenville Convention and Visitors Bureau has a listing of events that may lead you to a local festival or other fun happening. It also has listings of the murals for which the town is famous and descriptions of other local attractions.
One of the local TV stations, WTOV (NBC) offers online Steubenville weather forecasts and maps that may help plan your days - indoors for rain - outdoors in the parks or golf courses for sun.
- SR 22 E/W - Route 7 N/S - intersect at Steubenville.
- 1 Veterans Memorial Bridge (New Steubenville Bridge). A scenic cable stayed bridge that crosses over the Ohio River from West Virginia.
Visitors to Steubenville typically arrive through the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT IATA), approximately a 25 minute drive from the city. A toll road (576) opened a few years ago making for a shorter and more direct route to the Pittsburgh airport, which travelers may use for a 50¢ fee each way.
A car is the fastest and easiest way to move around Steubenville.
- 1 Jefferson County Historical Museum and Library, 426 Franklin Ave, ☏ +1 740-283-1133.
- Classic Car Museum.
- The Ohio River.
- 2 Historic Fort Steuben, 120 S 3rd St, ☏ +1 740-283-1787. M-Sa 10AM-4PM. 1786 reconstructed fort built to protect surveyors as they surveyed the new Northwest Territory of the time, named after Prussian Major General Wilhelm von Steuben, close ally to George Washington, after which the town also took its name. $10 Adults, $9 Seniors, $7 Youth (ages 6-12).
- 1 Franciscan University, 1235 University Blvd. This conservative Catholic university is on a hill just off of University Blvd. Though somewhat isolated from the city of Steubenville itself, much of the local economy is tied to the University. In a given year it is not uncommon for students from all 50 states as well as several foreign countries to be enrolled at the university. The University is particularly famous for its Festivals of Praise (FOPs), a charismatic prayer gathering held monthly in the University's Finnegan Fieldhouse.
- 4th Street Party (First Fridays on 4th), 4th Street (Head downtown near the tallest 2 buildings and stop on the street before it.). All day. First Fridays are parties that take place on the first Friday of every month. They offer food, live music, and festivities for the whole family. Free.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2193, 100 Mall Drive, ☏ +1 740 266-7136.
- 1 Fort Steuben Mall, 100 Mall Dr, ☏ +1 740 264-7781.
Steubenville is known for its local take on Pizza, which adds a layer of cold toppings on a cooked pizza.
- Eat n' Park.
- Frolich's Classic Corner, 501 Washington St, ☏ +1 740-283-9901. Has live music
- Holiday Inn-Weirton, WV, 350 Three Springs Drive (22 E To Pittsburgh-Exit #4 Three Springs Drive-4 Miles From Steubenville), ☏ +1 304-723-5522. Best Accommodations in the Ohio Valley-5 Minutes from Steubenville
- Super 8, University Blvd. At the bottom of the hill leading to Franciscan University. Clean but small.
- 1 Schiappa Branch Library (Public Library of Steubenville), 407 S 4th St, ☏ +1-740-282-9782.
Crime is high in this city so you should drive with windows up and doors locked in downtown areas such as the 4th Street area.
|Routes through Steubenville|
|Cambridge ← Cadiz ←||W E||→ Weirton → Pittsburgh|
|East Liverpool ← Toronto ←||N S||→ Martins Ferry → Bridgeport|
|Canton ← Carrollton ←||N S||→ END|