Trans Amadi is an industrial as well as a residential district in Port Harcourt. It is one of the most popular districts in Port Harcourt as it houses some of the big multi-national companies in the nation.
- Port Harcourt International Airport, PHC. There are usually direct flights from Europe operated by Air France and Lufthansa. It is also less than an hour in the air if you fly in via Lagos or Abuja. You can get a cab, a taxi or an uber to Trans Amadi.
There is rail service transportation available to get into Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt. It is however limited to a once-weekly train and also limited to states you can get in from, the rail service only permits get in from Kano, via Kaduna run by Nigeria Railway Corporation. The terminus 1 Port Harcourt Central railway station is on Station Rd.
This mode of getting in is also very comfortable as the train is very big and you can have access to a bed, a toilet and even a kitchen (depending on if you are on a first-class ticket).
The most popular way is by bus. There is a lot of bus transportation services that can get you into Trans Amadi. Some very popular ones are:
- God is Good Motors
- GUO Transport
- Iyare Motors
and many more. You can book a seat online.
- From Nembe by ferry.
- 1 Port Harcourt Zoo, Peter Odili Rd, ☏ . Su-F 8AM-6PM, Sa 8AM-6:30PM. Home of the wasted horse and emaciated lion. ₦ 200.
- Total E&P Nigeria, Plot 25, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, P.M.B 5160. A multi-national oil & natural gas company.
There are a lot of things to do in Trans Amadi, one I really recommend is to go around the industrial layout and appreciate all of the multinationals built there including Total E&P, Shell Nigeria, and many others.
- Market Square, No. 279 Peter Odili Road, Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout Rd, ☏ . A supermarket.
- Spar. A supermarket.
- Best Spring Super Market, 19 Ngeche Avenue, Oginigma, ☏ . A supermarket
- Fair Lady Restaurant & Bar, 62 Woji Rd, ☏ . Restaurant and bar
- Ab'S Menu, ILO Garden Hotel, ☏ . Restaurant.
- Agnes Food Court. Dealer in food of any kind.
- Jazz bar, 68 Ogbatai Road. A place to go to drink
- Georgiis Bar, 116 Woji Rd. A place to go to drink and have fun
- Ultimate Pub, 16 Alcon Rd. A place to go to drink and have fun
- Somitel Hotels and Resorts Ltd, No. 10 Campbell Avenue, Peter Odili Rd, ☏ . A place to sleep and unwind after all the tourism work. ₦15,000.
- Royal crest hotel, 2 Slaughter Road, ☏ . A place to sleep and unwind after all the tourism work. ₦13,500.
- Montcrest Hotel & Lounge, 26 Jessy & Jenny Street, Off Peter Odili Rd, ☏ . A place to sleep and unwind after all the tourism work.
Trans Amadi is an industrial layout and also the center of the oil business in Nigeria, since it houses the biggest and multinational industries in the country, you however need to be safe in the area, as there are always report of Kidnapping and stealing since it is widely believed that those who reside or work there are wealthy individuals. Some bars and clubs, nevertheless, seem relatively safe even during the night.
You can only connect to four main networks in Trans Amadi:
- MTN: Call card, Internet data, GPRS service, SMS charges, etc.
- AIRTEL, formerly known as ZAIN: Call card, Internet data, GPRS service, SMS charges.
- GLO: Call card, Internet data, GPRS service, SMS charges.
- 9MOBILE, formerly known as ETISALAT: Call card, Internet data, GPRS service, SMS charges.
A tourist to Trans Amadi needs not bother or worry about network connection as the tourist can be sure of a good network, as far as it is any of MTN, Airtel, GLO, 9mobile. There is the availability of a network and you can easily make calls and surf the internet with a good connection.