User talk:Ruud Koot
Hello, Ruud Koot! Welcome to Wikivoyage.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
You can also read Welcome, Wikipedians for a good explanation of differences between the two sites. AHeneen (talk) 18:21, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you! —Ruud 19:54, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
Hi! You added a lot of licences to unlicensed files like this one. Only the uploader can add a licence to an unlicensed file, so all of the licences have to be removed again. --Stefan2 (talk) 23:43, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
I would be interested to read your rationale for defeating the display of a Table of Contents here. I'm not necessarily implying it's a wrong move - just curious as to your reasons, Rudy.
PS: Is "Rudy" a common name in Dutch - it's just that the only other male Rudy I've come across is a Hovercraft builder... - -- Alice✉ 00:01, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- It looked a bit awkward, four headers is in that area where you sometimes want a table of contents and, sometimes, not.
- So I assume you've never met the former mayor of New York? My first name is not very uncommon in the Netherlands, although you see the form with which I sign a bit more often (although the double vowels tends to confuse foreigners...) —Ruud 00:11, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- So you might consider enabling the display of the ToC if the number of sections grows?
- I haven't met the former mayor of New York but I have flown on an aircraft with the current incumbent, Michael Bloomberg. I like a lot of Americans and there is some fantastic scenery left, but their cities are so ugly and brutal compared to European cities.
- Do you prefer me to call you Rudy, Ruud or Ruud Koot (does that mean something?) here on Wikivoyage, please? -- Alice✉ 00:47, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I would remove the template if there were five or six section, or if the individual section would become larger in size.
- I'll respond to either name, although in real life most people simply call me "Ruud". —Ruud 19:14, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
Hey Ruud. Just letting you know that I've lowered protection at Template:Listing. While I personally still believe it should be fully protected to avoid the risky chance of mass vandalism, it seems most others believe differently. You seem to have been making a variety of edits, so please continue if you like :) JamesA >talk 12:06, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Ruud, how is development of the listing editor going? I'm making a proposal to switch from tags to templates in Wikivoyage_talk:Listings#Tags_to_templates, which will be quite disruptive to your work. Could you comment on whether one be easier to develop for, or would there be no difference? -- torty3 (talk) 06:16, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, I've been pretty busy working against conference submission deadlines at work the past few weeks, but I still hope to finish the listing editor during the MediaWiki Hackton (May 24–26). Changing it to work with templates instead of tags shouldn't pose too many difficulties and it's clearly the way forward anyway. Ideally the switch-over should happen before the 24th then. Cheers, —Ruud 08:09, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi there. I notice you haven't been around for a while, but thought I'd ask before messing with your stuff. Back before we got the current listing editor up and running, you were previously working on one at User:Ruud Koot/Listing editor/develop.js. Looking through Special:WantedTemplates, I see that that page erroneously calls for a template called "Template:(See". Would it be possible for you to disable that template call (or blank/delete the page if it's not needed) so we can clear that one out of the wanted list? Thanks a lot... Texugo (talk) 15:14, 25 February 2014 (UTC)