Any Discussions older than 14 days will be automatically archived
Archived discussions can be seen at:
Copies of certain messages will also be added here
- If you need help with anything at all, please leave a message on my talk page. If I've used slang, then please click the slang button below. It's just a method of letting me know that I've used too much Aussie slang.
- If there's something you need to discuss in private, email me in strictest confidence or the long term abuser. I've been abused by him 60 ish times now so I know how it feels.
- Feeling bored and want to have a chat, I'm more than happy to do so.
A few guidelines
- No offensive comments or anything
- No comments by GRP - You're banned
- Don't feel shy, there's no such thing as a dumb question
- No vandalism
- No attacks
- No intimidating behaviour or harassment
- No abusing Wikivoyage admins here
- I don't mind slangs here
- Click the slang button when you see something on Australian slang
This user's user, pages and archive pages on all Wikimedia Projects have been vandalised 33 times
- @Ground Zero:, Thanks for the message. While I did look at this message before I left, I didn't have time to respond to it. I'm now back, a few days early, seeing the internet almost after a week. Almost forgot how to use my computer and it certainly feels different using it again. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 08:13, 1 May 2021 (UTC)
Towns vs. Cities in the UK
The definition of a city is weird in the UK. It is a large town, sometimes with a cathedral. However there is also the City of London, built on the site of the Roman town Londinium. So it is normally one of three things:
- A town with a large cathedral
- An old Roman town
- A large town
Hope this helps 126.96.36.199 13:19, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
- It aye confusin'. The definition of town is weird here (i.e. Adelaide being called a country town) but those have now been only used colloquially. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 13:21, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
You've been whacked with a wet trout for using too much Aussie slangDon't take this too seriously. Someone just wants to let you know you've been using too much slang
188.8.131.52 13:22, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
15:43, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #466
Thank you for ...
...nominating me for administrator. I just looked around for a place to leave some kind of closing statement, but maybe there isn't one? Maybe here. I promise not to break anything. :) I have a hunch there may be a bit less trouble now; the obsessed individual tends to go where he is less likely to be recognized. But I will help with any tasks where I can assist. -- Anyway, I just got back from a hiking trip and am about to go on another one. Will look at adminny stuff in a bit. All the best -- Antandrus (talk) 14:25, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Antandrus: It looks like Ikan Kekek changed your status. Congratulations, and welcome aboard. Ground Zero (talk) 15:23, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks, Wikivoyage will greatly benefit. And I can tell our californian articles will improve. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 21:23, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
- By the way, do you hike out at Arizona or the US east coast or somewhere not in North America? SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 07:31, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- And finally, enjoy your time being an admin here. Could you also protect my enwiki talk page? SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 07:35, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- Indoors, yes - but it's now pretty much optional outdoors. I've been climbing in the mountains a lot and people aren't wearing masks much. Most of us are vaccinated now. I just bought my first plane tickets since before the pandemic. Time to get out again.
- FYI, there's another LTA active - w:WP:LTA/Wikinger - he imitates GRP all the time. Often when GRP is being disruptive, Wikinger shows up to make it worse if he can. There are a couple reliable ways to tell them apart that I won't divulge publicly, but it doesn't really matter since they're both WMF-banned. "All vandals are the same vandal" can be kind of a useful philosophy. Antandrus (talk) 14:29, 6 May 2021 (UTC)