Despite being a city since 2001 and being the provincial capital, Valencia looks more like a typical Philippine town and its associated rural area, but it is the commercial center of the province. It is the third largest city in Northern Mindanao in terms of population, after Cagayan de Oro and Iligan, with a population of about 190,000. The city is landlocked, and at 300 m (980 ft) above sea level.
- Valencia Bus Terminal, Sayre Highway. The city's integrated transport terminal, serving all bus lines to the city.
The Integrated Bus Terminal is within walking distance of the city's poblacion (downtown), but there are tricycles also, with fares starting at ₱8 anywhere within it.
There are two bus companies serving Valencia. Rural Transit has air-conditioned buses to and from Cagayan de Oro, Davao, General Santos, and Koronadal/Lake Sebu, while Super Five operates both air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned buses to and from Cagayan de Oro for ₱120. Fares and travel times are as follows:
- General Santos (281 km (175 mi))— ₱520, 8 hours.
- Cagayan de Oro (135 km (84 mi)) — ₱200 (₱120 for non-AC), 3—4 hours.
- Davao (145 km (90 mi)) — ₱345, 5-6 hours.
- Koronadal/Lake Sebu — ₱435, 7 hours.
Many triycles. ₱8-12 per ride.
- 1 Lake Apo (11km from Valencia).
- Kasanaya Cave., Sitio Tungan-tungan, San Vicente. Has large stalactites, 400 m (1,300 ft) down the cave's mouth. It also has a underground river in it.
Malls & supermarketsEdit
- Gaisanao Department Store, J Burgos Street. 10AM-8PM. Has a Gaisanao supermarket.
- Robinsons supermarket, Guillermo Lavina Avenue.. 8AM-8PM.
- Robinson mall (next too the bus terminal). biggest mall in Valencia.
- [formerly dead link] Unitop Department Store, Mabini Street. 9AM-8PM.
- Puregold Supermarket, Lavina Avenue corner of Manuel Quezon Street. 8AM-8PM.
- 7-Eleven next to RCBC Bank.
Banks & ATMsEdit
- PNB. Has a Visa Card ATM.
- Bank of the Philippines Islands BPI. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Metro Bank. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- BDO Bank. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Development Bank of the Philippines. Branch, ATM.
- GV Hotel, National highway, ☏ . Fan double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. a/c single and double rooms with own bathrooms and Cable TV. the GV hotel Valencia has 36 rooms. ₱450/475/620/670/770.
- G and H Pension house, Manangkila Street, ☏ . A/c single with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱490 for 24 hours.
- Giana Marine Luxury Inn, 7 Manangkila street, ☏ . Fan double room with own bathroom. From ₱270 for 12 hours.
- J P Lodge, Manangkila street, ☏ . Fan single/double rooms with own bathroom. ₱250/300.
- Cafe Maria Inn, Manangkila Street, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. A/c single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. Free Wi-fi. ₱490/590.
- Carmont Inn & Restaurant, Manangkila Street. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 6AM. Fan room with own bathroom. ₱200 for 14 hours stay.
- many Internet cafes. From ₱10 a hour.
|Routes through Butuan|
|Cagayan de Oro ← Malaybalay ←||N S||→ Maramag (junction S →) → Davao|