Vermilion is a town in east central Alberta within the County of Vermilion River. It is a good pit stop for travellers along the Yellowhead Highway.
Vermilion is located at the intersection of Highway 16 (Yellowhead Highway) and Highway 41 (Buffalo Trail), approximately 60 km (37 mi) west of Lloydminster and 192 km (119 mi) east of Edmonton.
- 1 Lakeland College (Vermilion Campus), 5707 College Drive, ☏ , toll-free: . Post-secondary college with a focus on agricultural training. Second campus located in Lloydminster.
- Vermilion Heritage Museum (Heritage Park), 5310 50 Avenue, ☏ . 1PM-5PM, May long weekend to September long weekend. Located in the former S.R.P. Cooper School, features several displays from the Vermilion area.
- 1 Vermilion Provincial Park (from Hwy 41 (52 St), follow 50 Ave west for 1.7km to Beckie Scott Tr, then north for 400m). Located in the Vermilion River valley on the north side of Vermilion, Vermilion Provincial Park offers hiking and cross country ski trails, as well as fishing, camping and a fully restored CN train station now used for community and private events.
- Anthony’s Classic Grill, 4926 50 Avenue, ☏ . Steaks and seafood
- Nick's Family Restaurant & Lounge, 5102 47 Avenue (located in the Super 8), ☏ . Greek, Canadian
- Sammy’s Family Restaurant, 4320 52 Street, ☏ . Pizza, fast food
- 1 Days Inn, 4807 51 Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Pomeroy Inn & Suites, 4111 51 Street, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Super 8, 5108 47 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 4 Ventura Motel, 4508 52 Street, ☏ , fax: .
- Lakeland College Alumni House, 5707 College Drive (on the campus of Lakeland College), ☏ , toll-free: (ext. 8737), ✉ email@example.com.
|Routes through Vermilion|
|Edmonton ← Vegreville ←||W E||→ Lloydminster → Saskatoon|
|Bonnyville ← Jct W ←||N S||→ Wainwright → Medicine Hat|