Yarragon is a town in Central Gippsland.
Yarragon is a town along the Princes Freeway which the world's only freeway to have traffic lights, houses and roundabouts. It is in the shire of Baw Baw.
Yarragon is located on the Princes Highway/M1, about 118 km outside of Melbourne.
V/Line operates train services from Melbourne to Yarragon on an almost hourly basis 7 days a week. While most trains on this route require only a Myki, some do require a paper ticket. Check the V/Line website to make sure. The train trip takes about 2 hours. Trains depart and arrive at 1 Yarragon Railway Station. The full timetable is available here.
Yarragon is accessible on foot, so no local transport is necessary. There is no public transport in Yarragon, but you can rent cars in nearby Warragul.
- 1 Gippsland New & Used Wares, 59 Princes Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10AM-5PM during auctions. Auction house that sells furniture, antiques, and other goods. Auctions are, as of March 2021, occuring online due to the coronavirus pandemic, but the store is still open for viewing.
- 2 The 3 Cheeky Monkeys, Shop 3/97 Princes Highway, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mo-Sa 10AM-4:30PM, Su 11AM-3PM. Kids toys store.
- 3 Crystal Ocean, 95 Princes Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M W Th F 11AM-3:30PM, Sa-Su 11AM-4PM. Sells crystals, minerals, essential oils, and other similar wares. Also offers guided meditations and psychic readings.
- 4 Yarragon LPO, 3 Campbell Street, ☏ . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-12noon. Post office. Offers Western Union money transfer.
The shopping strip is separated from the main Princes Highway running through town. There are several cafes and take-away places to choose from.
- 1 Sticcado, Shop 6, The Village Walk, ☏ . We-Mo 9AM-5PM. Located on Yarragon's Village Walk, this cafe offers breakfast and lunch, with snacks and coffees in between. Vegan and gluten free options available.
- 2 Jimmy D's Diner, Shop 1/83 Princes Highway, ☏ . M W Th 7AM-3PM, F 7AM-8PM, Sa 7:30AM-8PM, Su 7:30AM-4PM. Retro-style 1950s diner. $4.90- $26.90.
Yarragon has coverage from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone on the 4G network.
|Routes through Yarragon|
|Melbourne ← Warragul ←||W E||→ Moe → Sale (Victoria)|